Troy, MO

2012 Seadoo RXP-X 260 bilge pump install, Riva Free Flow, 4" Kanaflex, carbon seal...

I decided that since my ski was out of warranty, I would do a couple small things to it. I started off with a 4" kanaflex from my old ski, Riva free flow exhaust, and intake resonator removal. I also have an R&D 'boost box" that I figured that I would try (we'll see if it works at all). Once I tore into the ski, I found that I have pretty bad carbon seal wear. After adding two shims to the rear engine mounts, we got it back in check...

Turned 90* so you can see the angle of wear...

Old vs. New

My pump has never been off of my ski....this is how the seal looked when i removed it, LOLOLOL. Replaced with an R&D.

Back together with the intake and free flow exhaust.

I decided that I didn't want to epoxy my pump to the bottom of this ski. Looking at the seadoo bolt in kit, I decided that I was going to make an aluminum mount and use some pre-existing holes for a non-permanent install. The water box bracket seemed about perfect. It doesn't look real pretty, but I think it should be effective....hopefully I never have to use it. Also, for the switch, I didn't want anything that looked aftermarket or cheap. I went with the black billet thru-hull fitting to keep it low key as well. I think the install turned out awesome.

The switch turned out well, too. Sealed it with "Right Stuff", and screwed down. I am probably going to replace the screw with a stainless nut and bolt to make sure that it is secured well.

Side note....4" Kanaflex intake....without a catch can. I ground down 2 sides of the stock barb, cut a slit in the hose, forced the fitting in, then turned it 90* to lock it in between the metal spirals. Seems to hold pretty good.

This year I don't have to tow with my Cruze either. I picked up a 2008 Trailblazer 3LT with a 5.3 V8. Added Pacesetter headers, magnaflow muffler, 220/228 .565/.571 cam and a 3200 stall torque converter. Should be a fun setup, LOL.
    Last edited by Jwall; 03-23-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information