Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help can't decide on a RXP or RXT

I can't decide what to get an RXP or RXT. I like more that I hear about the RXP regarding it's performance. I'd almost always be using it on inland lakes and rivers so it wouldn't be too rough. I usually would be riding with just one other person but then I think maybe a few times during the year I'd like to tow someone. What would you suggest?

if you plan on towing...get the rxt

but if you wont be doing much of it then get the rxp, dont your friends have 3 seaters? if so you can tow witht theirs or whatnot

+1
    it good that u posted this question in the forum... i'm lost here too and i dnt know what to buy

I agree with BlaZ, but I'd be a little more strong about it personally. Assuming it only comes down to these two choices, IMO; IF and ONLY IF towing is very important should you consider the RXT over the RXP. The RXT is a great boat for towing and yes, it can go fast in a straight line....and carry lots of stuff. Thats about it. Of the two the RXP would be much more entertaining with a much higher smile factor.
    So, it really depends on what your priorities are highest on.

Quote Originally Posted by dude View Post
    I agree with BlaZ, but I'd be a little more strong about it personally. Assuming it only comes down to these two choices, IMO; IF and ONLY IF towing is very important should you consider the RXT over the RXP. The RXT is a great boat for towing and yes, it can go fast in a straight line....and carry lots of stuff. Thats about it. Of the two the RXP would be much more entertaining with a much higher smile factor.
    So, it really depends on what your priorities are highest on.
    I agree with dude, dude

He is only going to tow a few times a year, i own a rxp and i wakeboard with it. Knowing its illegal i do it safely in an isolated area away from boats and bay police(plus i don't do it every day). And once in a blue moon i have to tow my friends broken ski from the ocean(i just take it slow). The ski is fast as hell turns on a dime and is a must for calm water. Only problem ive had is the damn super charger. Went out at 40 hours and i lost 3 weeks out of my summer. Why the hell do the put ceramic parts in the engine???

Rule of thunb: if you ride solo, get the RXP, if you ride 2 up get the RXT.

in my experience with the 2 seaters VS the 3 seaters, when you have 2 peeps on the 2 seaters your cramped and performance isn`t the same as if your solo. Now the BIG RXT even with 2 peeps on it will plow thru most of it and is a great craft in the chop... The rivers aren`t always that nice and calm...JMHO...PR...

i have a mooded 04 rxp & a mooded 03 gtxsc i like them both it depends on where i'm rideing & what kind of ridding i'm doing, on the rivers & smooth water lake rideing i like the rxp, it handles 2 up in smooth conditions very well but not so well in the chop, if ur solo it'll do ok in light chop, its a lot more fun 2 play on, in the chop & 2 up the gtx is my choice it tows well if ur tubbing, now 4 all out playing i have a 06 sxr 800 i'm still learing 2 ride her with out falling off ever other time i jump her but she is a blast hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rxp BLazin View Post
    Why the hell do the put ceramic parts in the engine???
    so u can put metal 1's in

another thing to consider if you're going to ride two up on a RXP is the size of the driver and passenger. 325 lbs. total is OK, 425+lbs. total it's noticable that the ski has a load. Two good sized people on a RXT is no problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information