Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am a polaris Newby, and new to the site. I need some info on parts, and tech tips.

I have recenlty purchased a 95 sl750 body is in pristine condition. It was a basket case when I purchsed it(engine was ina a box disassembled) I got the sled for 300 bucks. (I thought wow what a steal) After bringing it home I quickly realized It killed one rod journal, and one cylinder. So I need a crank (blocks fine), and one cylinder sleeved. I also relaize I need to clean the carbs, and find out why it murdered number 1, anyway Where is the best place to buy the crank? Should I just buy a reman From sbt? From all of the reading I have done on here I understand I need to switch to premix. Perform the oil pump block-off, and add another fuel pump. Does this pretty much capture everything?
    I thought I was being slick, I found a 96 slt 780 for 500 smackers. I bought it, (Figured Hey! long pump, good engine upgraded fuel pump SAwwwweeettt) Brought it home and my wife decided she liked it. Now I have to repair it for her. ratin-smattin #$%$# anyway.. Once again. Can someone please give me some tips tell me where to get the parts at a cheap price? Please give me any tech tips, also Do I really need to bypass the oil pump, I hate mixing oil at the fuel island on the lake. Last but not least, I purchased my 13 y-o a 95 sp650 Is he going to outrun me on my 750-780????
    Also I just want to personally thank Crazya for his direction. Wihtout him I would not be able to bore ya'll with my lame azz questions. Thanks a Million for any help guys. It will be used wisely and greatly appreciated.

+1
    I think we hooked another one!!! Welcome to the Hulk!!!!

+1
    Welcome to the best Polaris forum on the net.

You probably should replace ALL the fuel lines

Replace or bypass the fuel on/off switch

Install new pulse line

Triple outlet fuel pump

As far as the crank goes, you can check with The Sharps in New York, Randy from Watcon.com, or Jay from Atlantic Powersports in Jersey. They are all very, very knowledgable and probably have one kicking around, or, can repair yours.

I see no reason to eliminate the oil injection if everything is in good working order.

The other regulars here will jump in with much more, and quickly too. They're a timely bunch.

Welcome to the HULK!!!!!!!!

You might want to split up this in to a couple of post. As you have lots of questions and this will be easliy side tracked. But you have come to the right place. You might get luckey and find a crank on ebay for $49 like someone else did, but I would not hold my breath. I would check with others on a crank rebuild like what has been said before.

+1
    Hey Rodney he has a SLT780 Girl Ski!!!!

My SeaDoo 650XP will run with the SLT 780. It has better take off but not as much on top end (XP650). And in rough water the slt will whoop its but. But keep in mind that my XP is not stock, big carbs, intake, exhaust, well the list keeps on going. Now my XP will out handle the SLT in a corner, but how many times are you going to cut sharp conners? Once you get the bugs worked out you will be very pleased with the Polaris skis. I know I am. I really dislike ridding the Sea Doo, not to mention it seems like I am always working on the DOO.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Hey Rodney he has a SLT780 Girl Ski!!!!

I sure do!!! And right now it is the fastest ski I owen. But not for long!!!!!!

Yeah I have a girl ski hahaha

Any idea where I should get the triple fuel pump and cost? No-one said if I should just replace the engine in the 750. By the way Rodneyae I hate the damn sp Its like sitting on a popsicle in the water, one wrong move and you azz is swimming. So it had better be faster. I want to thank everyone for the fast replies Please help, I want these running asap but I am on a budget.

jetskimechanic.com has fuel pump kits.

+1
    You're better off rebuilding what you have or find a good used engine, check with zigler.
    A lot of the SBT engines have been poor at best, tread with caution.
    The upgrades recommended are a wisw choice.
    If you stay with the oil injection system due to the age, I would install a new pump. I'd hate to see you lose an engine due to no lubrication.

Oh and WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information