Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Can't find a shredmaster.....so what's next?

Well it's been over a year and I cannot find a Shredmaster rideplate for my stxr. So now I'm left with the remaining options which changes my initial plan of the SM with modded stock intake grate.

Soooo what to do next? I was thinking the R&D, but then do I go with the plate and Aquavein intake grate or modded stock intake grate and R&D rideplate? Does anyone have experience with these combos?

Ski will be used in NJ in the Bay as well as zipping around the smooth water creeks.

Thanks!

+1
    What is your ultimate goal for your ski..
    top speed only..? All around.?
    Race..?

3. +1 by:

+1
    You may be able to still get a Shreddmaster made, but as far as I know R&D has discontinued the plate for the stxr, its too bad they should make a run of them, they certainly could sell them, it gave me the largest increase in speed of any mod & handling is better, maybe if enough people contact them about it they will produce some.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I don't know, what's my options? ha ha!

Well speed of course is always a good thing, I'm not real familiar with these things other than some recreational riding. My plan was bump it up a bit without sacrificing reliability. I mean who cares if you got another 2mph and had to tow it home right!?!

Right now I have a fresh engine built with all genuine Kawi parts....not a bolt is aftermarket. Once installed it will be with the scat trac prop and stage one Group K milled heads. Carbs are freshly overhauled but stock.

We discussed the 15f 42mm? nozzle on the back that you recommended I do but I have not sourced one yet.

I have yet to make the decision on the stinger mod.....seems it's a 50/50 on "love it" or "have problems with it"...or "I never got steve to ship it back to me".

I was settled on the SM but now that it is unobtainable I have to look elsewhere. I am not to familiar on what you consider "chop" or water conditions that would require an intake grate to hold the ski down into the water to keep it loaded. I've ridden skis where they tend to porpoise or bounce out of the water and you can hear the pump load and unload crossing rough water but I assume at some point this will always happen.

I don't have the experience to make the call on the intake grate or ride plate. I haven't even been on this ski yet. I can tell you the conditions will be from glassy in the creeks/rivers to the choppy waters of the Barnegat Bay in NJ. I've been on the bay where you can feel the ski struggle to stay loaded and you can feel that speed suffers as it cannot propel itself. I believe this is when a better intake would help out to assist in keeping the pump loaded.....I am also assuming that this type of grate will also harm speed on that glassy water due to increased drag. Am I correct?

If so I am willing to sacrifice some speed if the ski crosses the bay at a total increased speed then the stock grate/rideplate and accept the glassy water reduction as long as it isn't drastic.

+1
    actually the heads were stage 2, the 91 octane heads....it's been a long winter my memory is failing me.

Fresh complete rebuild with OEM new crank, pistons, rods...no WSM aftermarket crap anywhere.....shit maybe the carb rebuild kit was WSM....could not find a good kit for the life of me!

Group K stage 2 heads
    US Chrome OH cylinders
    Scat trak 1000 Swirl 14/24 impeller
    15F dual bearing pump housing upgrade

A lot of cleaning and attention to detail like indexing the plugs. So I believe I have a good solid platform to work with I just need to pair it with a good intake grate and ride plate combo. Maybe sponsons and the stinger mod as well.

+1
    The stock plate is a excellent rough water plate. Way better then a r&d imo it's only good for speed.

The dual concave works great in rough.

I would say if you have both and wanna switch for the water you go in then it's not much work. Grate with stock plate and r&d plate with stock grate.

The 15f nozzle I felt was a great addition To off the line power better mid range hit and the same topend. so win win imo
    it's a 2mm size larger then stocK nozzle.

+1
    So you don't recommend an aftermarket intake grate? I only ask because I need one, the stock one was damaged.

+1
    If your in rougher water most the time yes.
    or get both. Stock for smooth and light chop.
    an days you know your headed to rougher water get a worx. They don't take to much away for overall topend.

+1
    gotcha sorry had to re-read what ya wrote I was confused.

soooo

stock intake with a R&D plate for smooth water

Worx intake with stock rideplate for rougher water

+1
    Yes...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information