Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Price check, 2011 FZR with 32 hours for 9k, single trailer, cover, boat is immaculate

What you think? What you say????? Thanks!!!!!!

+1
    I saw a 14 locally with 25 hours for $10k with trailer. I don't think that price is terrible but I'd go in for less. Especially considering you'll want to change out the clutch.

+1
    You can check CL & Statewide list for your area, and that will give you an idea of what people are ASKING. But then you have to deal with the tire kickers & low ballaz..

Unfortunately, the inception of the SVHO has slaughtered the resale market for all things SHO. As Hydrostream has already mentioned, your 2011 ski is really screaming for a newer clutch assy (2013'+) as well.

Just reread the op, and does not specify if you are looking to purchase or sell the 2011.? Your market area is a huge factor - But if buying, I would offer 7k ish (and budget for a clutch). If selling ask for 9k+, and hope the right buyer comes along..

Here is the "book value", with trailer -

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2011...2014449/values
    Last edited by WP3223; 03-26-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Ok thanks, guess I have some homework to do, I talked to the guy last night, he will do 8 but after reading your posts and that it needs a clutch makes it a no go for me. I need to buy something that is ready to splash and ride. I have lake property that I visit in the summer and not in a good position to buy/service/repair. I need something that is dialed in. That is a drag that the clutch would need to be serviced or replaced so early. I also saw a post about a chain breaking, not sure if that includes this model. I thought Yamahas were pretty bullet proof?

+1
    Listen. Don't be scared of the clutch and don't let that be a deal breaker. Certain people here freak out about the clutch but I would say clutch failure is less than 2% and that is generally because some people throttle very hard and then unload repetitively. Remember, you only hear about "problems" on a forum because people want diagnosis help but thousands of FZR owners are riding happy every day.

+1
    Prices are also very relative to where you live. In the Northeast, specifically NY and Long Island the 2008-2011 supercharged yamaha's have held a considerable amount of value. Don't be turned off by the clutch on these supercharged Yamaha's. Like CCW has stated they do fail but not as prevalent as you would think. If you can work him down from 8,000 I think it would be a good buy.

I just found out he has a note on the ski and its about 8k, he doesnt want to go any lower nor am I excited about waiting for a bank to get off its ass for the title.

+1
    the reference to the clutch is for the 2011, and some 12 models. yamaha went to their 2nd generation clutch in those years. when it fails, it is known to shear the teeth off the gears. which drop into the oil pan and the engine has to be removed to clean.

9. +1 by:

+1
    I don't think 8k is bad for that setup. As long as its been well cared for and serviced I think its a splash and ride boat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pfred View Post
    I don't think 8k is bad for that setup. As long as its been well cared for and serviced I think its a splash and ride boat.
    8k seems reasonable, if it is nice & clean. The stock clutch is not as much of an issue depending on whether you ride in mostly smooth conditions & have some throttle control. If you ride more in big chop & waves, and ride it like you stole it - then I would invest in a 13'+ clutch (and a good BOV setup) sooner than later. Unless you get crazy with boost levels, the updated clutches are holding up really well..
    Last edited by WP3223; 03-28-2015 at 02:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information