Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

3-blade prop worth trying?

Anybody run a 3 blade Skat on a 2012+ RXP? I heard the acceleration is noticeably better from a few threads in the past. Can anyone shed some light on this? If it will give better holeshot/midrange without sacrificing top speed it sounds like a win win.

The difference between 3 blades over 4 blades is that the 3 blade (smaller blade ratio) usually goes faster and the 4 blade (higher Blade ratio) is better hole shot and better stern lift as well as better handling and fuel economy because it will keep you on plane at a lower speed. i heard from my good friend who knows about boats and PWC.

+1
    3 blade has alot more bottom end and midrange over a 4 blade but the 4 blade will run faster top end

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcd View Post
    The difference between 3 blades over 4 blades is that the 3 blade (smaller blade ratio) usually goes faster and the 4 blade (higher Blade ratio) is better hole shot and better stern lift as well as better handling and fuel economy because it will keep you on plane at a lower speed. i heard from my good friend who knows about boats and PWC.
    You have this backwards

+1
    your friend is a little confused on that one, hope he isn't in the position dealing with the public.

6. +1 by:

+1

errrmm. maybe its my old 2007 hull and dynamics are different... at 18psi, with the same nozzle, my speed goes from 84mph (3 blade) to about 87mph (4 blade)..

3 blade falls flat on its face in the top end, but OMG does the hole shot and mad acceleration make you grin like sayers at a male stripper show

4 blade - mid to top end acceleration is awesome and feels alot better than a 3 blade...

4 blade has better economy cause at the same speeds, its spinning lower rpm... than the 3 blade..

Just my experience, i am sure others will chime in.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Retro View Post

errrmm. maybe its my old 2007 hull and dynamics are different... at 18psi, with the same nozzle, my speed goes from 84mph (3 blade) to about 87mph (4 blade)..

3 blade falls flat on its face in the top end, but OMG does the hole shot and mad acceleration make you grin like sayers at a male stripper show

4 blade - mid to top end acceleration is awesome and feels alot better than a 3 blade...

4 blade has better economy cause at the same speeds, its spinning lower rpm... than the 3 blade..

Just my experience, i am sure others will chime in.
    Wow, 18psi, 87mph, in MAN Water, all while riding side saddle so you dont mess your dress up? How fast does your ski go when a person with testicles rides it? The Scot will do..........

Boost whore
    +1
    Pffft
    his ski doesnt go any faster than that
    its a "Family boat"

+1
    this 6 blade i have has been working great, been running 90 on 12 psi

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    this 6 blade i have has been working great, been running 90 on 12 psi
    You need to take it out of reverse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast