+1

Georgian Bay recommandations

Every once in a while i see ADs about Georgian Bay looking like Caribbean I'm hoping to spend a week this summer, camping/jetskiing. Any recommendations about where i should be jetskiing/camping that would be great.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Any area's you want to see in particular? What length trips would you want to take? Do you have any navigation equipment?

Post pictures of the Caribbean like areas and we'll try to direct you to those spots. BTW as far as camping areas the largest that I know of would be Killbear provincial park. As far as I know you would have to launch and retreive your PWC daily. I don't think they have docks but I've never actually looked so I may be wrong.

+1
    I think the main (obvious) difference with the Caribbean is that the water is cold in Georgian Bay. Am I right? Can't really go swimming and enjoy the water?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZadoX View Post
    I think the main (obvious) difference with the Caribbean is that the water is cold in Georgian Bay. Am I right? Can't really go swimming and enjoy the water?
    We swim there all the time. Don't expect it to be warm though. There are some protected beaches that get warmer - if it's a concern wear a wetsuit. With a shorty wetsuit one can comfortably swim nearly the entire season.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Any area's you want to see in particular? What length trips would you want to take? Do you have any navigation equipment?

Post pictures of the Caribbean like areas and we'll try to direct you to those spots. BTW as far as camping areas the largest that I know of would be Killbear provincial park. As far as I know you would have to launch and retreive your PWC daily. I don't think they have docks but I've never actually looked so I may be wrong.

No areas in particular just some scenery routes where i can leave the wifey and the kids at the camp site and me go for rides for few hours or a day. I don't have any pictures i will see if i can find them on the net.

+1
    I swim in Lake Ontario all the time I don't think it can be much colder, I start my jetsking season in April as soon as the ice melts just to give you an idea of what cold water means to me .

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DonHy View Post
    I swim in Lake Ontario all the time I don't think it can be much colder, I start my jetsking season in April as soon as the ice melts just to give you an idea of what cold water means to me .
    Me too. I have already been out on Lake Michigan this year.

+1
    Bruce Peninsula may have been what I've seen on TV.

+1
    Go to Killarney my friend. I'm a hotel, motel kind of guy but lots of camping to be had up there. Great spot for some day trips on the ski. Collins inlet, Baie Fine with a must stop,swim at lake Topaz(short walk at the end). then you have the islands north and west of Manitoulin, Benjamin, Fox, Croker are a must see, absolutely beautiful.

Can't go wrong from Pointe au Baril to Honey Harbour, great riding here as well, not sure on the camping. Point au Baril is a little more remote so it may offer some camping options. I stayed at a resort there once(cottage) they may of had some camp sites, if you want I can search and find out who it was.

Thread Information