possibly buying a 2014 seado rxpx 260

Hey guys I used to own a Yamaha gp1300r and I have been out of the game for a while. I have been doing my research and after being a long time Yamaha fan I find the new rxpx to be the one that is for me. I want to get some opinions on how to build a not crazy fast but fast enough for the average rider and reliable ski. All help is greatly appreciated

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    Hey guys I used to own a Yamaha gp1300r and I have been out of the game for a while. I have been doing my research and after being a long time Yamaha fan I find the new rxpx to be the one that is for me. I want to get some opinions on how to build a not crazy fast but fast enough for the average rider and reliable ski. All help is greatly appreciated
    Do a search. Tons of builds on rxpxs from stock to 90+mph it all can be found.

+1
    V-tech or R&D R3 reflash with some simple bolt ons and you can run 75 all day and smack all the stock skis out there.

I have done some searching. I was kinda hoping some things would come up for like reliability. Im not stupid and I know going fast comes with prices and makes reliability more unrealistic but if there is anything you guys recommend I do as soon as I take delivery of one I would like to have those kinds of things waiting for the ski

+1
    The 14's have been solid with no leaky intercooler problems and engine alignment problems. If you want reliability keep it stock and enjoy your 4year warranty. Many people are amazed by the performance and agility of the RXP in its stock form.

+1
    i personally feel a solid upper 70s rxp is dead reliable and should not really give you any issues. I have beat the shit out of my ski for 110 hrs at 80 mph and shes been good to me. i persoanlly like the vtech flash better than the r3, but either of those with minor boltons will get you mid to upper 70s.

OK sounds great. In my searching I have not seen much about intake grates and ride plates. I did not know if those are as necessary as they were on older skis. I planed on doing minor bolt ons a catch can intercooler upgrade and through hull exhaust because I love the way the sound

Thread Information