Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Space available on Triton Elite II ?

Greetings--

We've been considering a new trailer-- one that travels better than the small-tired one we now have. We're really looking for a trailer with larger, highway-worthy tires. The spaceing between the skis is just gravy.

We're planning a summer of traveling and skiing so dragging a decent trailer is in the plans.
    Our current trailer has the smaller tralier-type tires. We've already had one failure. I replaced the original tires with new tires that are rated better but there are a limited number that will fit.

I've heard folks turn their trailer's springs over to increase the wheel well space to put on larger tires. Comments ?

I've read a good number of complements about the Triton trailers. I'm looking around at these for purchasing after the first of the year.

QUESTIONS-- We have two 04 GTX SC skis. Anyone else have this set up ?

I see that the Triton model and others have a walk plate betwen the skis. Will our two skis fit and still allow us to stand between them on the trailer ? That would be helpful when cleaning, covering ect. Our current trailer barely has room between the skis to stick my hand.

Thanks--

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    really nice freaken trailers!! and yes, the bunks can be adjusted so that you have a fair amount of room even between the bigger 4-tecs... definitely more than enough for your hand between. a guy with a 4-tecs on a tritoin had it setup where i could walk right between them if i shuffled sideways.

NICE TRAILERS tho... not the cheapest thing on the market, but quality is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    really nice freaken trailers!! and yes, the bunks can be adjusted so that you have a fair amount of room even between the bigger 4-tecs... definitely more than enough for your hand between. a guy with a 4-tecs on a tritoin had it setup where i could walk right between them if i shuffled sideways.

NICE TRAILERS tho... not the cheapest thing on the market, but quality is second to none.
    Com on Shibbs,

You could shuffle through a crack in the wall!! LOL

How much do you weigh again wet???

+1
    i'm like 129-131 dry... depending if i just ate... what does a wetsuit and life vest add to my body weight? another 5 lbs.? that's why i can keep up with a big ol dude on an RXP with my RXT i'm not anorexic (spelling?) disgustingly skinny... definitely skinny but i don't look like a boney skeleton. well built actually with alot of muscle somehow.. wish i knew where i get that from. i do tend to keep busy tho and do alot of manual work and lifting of obejcts non-stop.

i'm tryin to bulk up and add some weight tho! don't know where to start. don't wanna turn into a nasty lookin body builder in this skinny body of mine... just wanna add weight but maintain my trim fit... i don't have much of an appetite at all, ever after a full days work. i leave 8am in the morning and i won't put a meal in me until like 5:00 or so. then i eat anotehr meal around 10/11 and that's it till 5:00 the next day. bad habits.

this topic was about trailers, wasn't it? my bad

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Right Shibs "skeletor"! J/K i wish i was that skinny still. Does anyone know if i can get better tires/rims for my load rite BZ1200? I like to cruise at 80-85mph on the highway and wish i had a rim/tire combo that could do that safely.

+1
    If you get a Triton you have to watch out for cracks. We used to get the odd one with poor welds on them.
    Also, a friend has an older one and he has had to get it welded a few times.

+1
    xdime... what tires and wheels u got? ... when i go upstate with my trailer i yank that trailer cruisin 80+ for a good chunk of the way

i have a Karavan with 12" wheels/tires... only load rating B tires tho i believe

+1

Trailerin'..... again.....

OK-- its Spring.... seriously looking into buying a new trailer.

Biggest issue is the #$%^& small tires on our current one. We cary two 04 GTX SC. With gas, they way around 1k each. The wimpy 10x5.30 tires are rated at 1000 each and the trailer is rated at 2000 so both are maxed out. Replaced two last season-- one on the roadway-- tread seperated.

We spend a good bit of time on the road traveling with the Doos. No salt water plans so no real need for Galv. finish.

Roadmaster (out of TX) has Deluxe line with 14" radial tires. A double model runs around $1400

Shorelander ?? 2400 pound model runs $ 1300-1400 ?

Triton ?? WC II Elite ??

Comments ?

Folks have mentioned here and there on the Net about bad welding on Triton. THey also mentioned corrosion dulls their finish.

No negative comments on the other two-- yet.

Thanks--

+1
    Ron, im about to buy a Triton Elite 2 place trailer. Had a look at them and they are gorgeous. Especially with the optional aluminum mag wheels.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    piney I am about two miles from roadmaster. went there last year and got a price direct from them and it was around a $1000, ended up going to McCains in Houston Very strudy but galvanised. My main point is I think you can get a roadmaster if you wish for less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information