Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RXP: 3 Blade

+1

Thumbs up RXP: 3 Blade

This new 3 blade prop kicks asss! Moves some serious H2O. So much so as I could have gotten the back flip with only 2 gegrees of wedge. I couldn`t hold it as the ski`s bottom started to rotate faster than I wanted. I was scared. You need to be ready and apparently I wasn`t. The ski landed upside down but my hand was still on the HAMMER. DO NOT RUN THE RIVA REAR AIR INTAKE for big wave jumping. I`ve got a gallon of water in the crankcase. I pulled the plugs at the launch to try desperately to give it another stab but was shooting water 15 ft in the air outa all 3 holes for about 20 secs. Prob was I had a full tank still. So now I`m going with a 4" tube right under the steering shaft/mount. I never had probs with the rear intake until today. The damn lanyard stretched until the ski popped up and righted itself yanking my hand off throttle. Afetr that I had to get towed in by Chasing the Sun (Tony). He was even getting mad air on the RXT. Surprised the hell outa me but the waves were perfect.
    If you want air the 3 blade is deffinately the way to go.

I know now I`m not ready for the back flip as I may just get killed.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i cannot believe you legitimately were trying to make an RXP do a backflip.... you my friend are insane... you only had another 180 degrees to go!! LOL

sounds like your ski is a freaken monster out of the hole

Hoss, what do you consider big wave jumping? I hit some chop all the time in the OC bay but never anything too big. Hell, we don't even have waves too big up here on the East Coast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    i cannot believe you legitimately were trying to make an RXP do a backflip.... you my friend are insane... you only had another 180 degrees to go!! LOL

sounds like your ski is a freaken monster out of the hole
    Another 45 or less and I would have been fine. I couldn`t hold it though. The ski landed upside down. Thats 270 degrees of rotation. If I would have held on to it I would have nailed it. But I didn`t feel it so I was not even leaning back all the way. I started sucking up to the bars and the bottom flew out. I need a helmet and will not try this agin till I get one. If the ski would have landed on my head, I would have been in some serious trouble. Even though Tony was right there the conditions would not have been favorable for a quick/proper rescue. All in all I am not prepared at ALL!

glad your ok

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    Hoss, what do you consider big wave jumping? I hit some chop all the time in the OC bay but never anything too big. Hell, we don't even have waves too big up here on the East Coast.
    The wave in question was really only a five footer. I got it right before it broke. It was perfect but I did not have the kahunas at that split second. I wish so bad I would/could have stayed with it. If I was 100% in, I would have nailed it, no doubt. But I do know now that I need safety equipment. I don`t know what hit my other hand (what part of ski) but it hurts like hell. If it were my head, I might be dead. Its just too damn heavy and it happens too quick.

+1
    Man I am glad you are OK! Sounds like you
    had one close call.

Yea, get a helmet at least my friend.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    If anyone is going to pull of the
    backflip
    it's going to be you. Really need to start
    taping
    this attempts though. I bet Tony was not looking forward to performing CPR on you.

Should hold off and wait till MBIII to attempt the first RXP
    backflip

+1
    Hoss...Chest protector AND helmet. And if you do that again... the only safety equipment that will help you is a

RED shop rag in your intercooler

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    This new 3 blade prop kicks asss! Moves some serious H2O. So much so as I could have gotten the back flip with only 2 gegrees of wedge. I couldn`t hold it as the ski`s bottom started to rotate faster than I wanted. I was scared. You need to be ready and apparently I wasn`t. The ski landed upside down but my hand was still on the HAMMER. DO NOT RUN THE RIVA REAR AIR INTAKE for big wave jumping. I`ve got a gallon of water in the crankcase. I pulled the plugs at the launch to try desperately to give it another stab but was shooting water 15 ft in the air outa all 3 holes for about 20 secs. Prob was I had a full tank still. So now I`m going with a 4" tube right under the steering shaft/mount. I never had probs with the rear intake until today. The damn lanyard stretched until the ski popped up and righted itself yanking my hand off throttle. Afetr that I had to get towed in by Chasing the Sun (Tony). He was even getting mad air on the RXT. Surprised the hell outa me but the waves were perfect.
    If you want air the 3 blade is deffinately the way to go.

I know now I`m not ready for the back flip as I may just get killed.
    So did this impeller have the "Greenhulk touch"?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information