+1

Need help deciding

Two- 2007 12fs. 24hours and 30 hours.
    With trailer
    $8000 firm

Two- 2008 15fs. 65 hours each
    With trailer and factory covers
    $9500 firm

Is there THAT much of a difference in the 15f over the 12f?

I'm not a speed demon by any stretch. 40-50 is probably about as fast as I'll ever go.
    But I am 6'3" 245lbs
    I don't want it to lack for power

I want to be able to pull a tube or maybe wakeboard if need be. But they will mostly be for cruising around, cutting up a little, swimming off of, etc.

Also found a beautiful pair of 2006 Seadoo RTX with low hours (guy is checking exact tomorrow) for $9500
    I'm really hesitant about supercharged though. I'm not mechanically inclined and just want a reliable ski.

Any input is appreciated. Even if it's for something else. I live in Southwest Louisiana and was really trying to stay around 9k or under for a pair.

Thanks

Have ridden both models. In fact, I did own a 2008 15F. The 15F is by far the better choice. You're a big guy and I think you will need the added power / speed of the 15F.

If you want to know what I really think, you should get a 15F and a later model Ultra 300X or 310X. You will find the bigger hull / higher horsepower more to your liking. And a 15F can be a good complimentary Ski.

But net net: No on the 12F. JB

+1
    Go with the newer model skis. I would probably keep shoping though you can probably find something you like a little better in that price range. If you do pull the trigger I would go with the 15f's. I'm in the same situation as you I didn't want supercharged skis I have a ultra lx and a gti 130. Love the ultra not overly thrilled with the gti but I could see someone being the exact opposite with that depending on what there expectations are. The ultra is a great all around ski but I hate getting the gti in big water it's not water tight by any stretch even though it's faster and more features. Decide what's the best ski for what your purpose is and make sure your get that no matter what it is you will be the most content.

+1
    Thanks for the input.

No big water around here per say. Couple of lakes and a bunch of tributaries and rivers.

Browsing YouTube videos, I came across the new 2015 Yamaha Vx Cruiser. Has the new "RIDE" technology.
    I really like that. Thinking of maybe just buying two new skis that way I have a warranty if anything happens.

Really up in the air right now. I'm getting two skis, just not sure what. Def know I don't want or really need supercharged.

+1
    If you can afford to by new it is the way to go atleast then you will know the full history of the ski. The new stx 15's are faster and several k cheaper then the 2015 vx cruiser but the vx has more options once again it's all about what's more important to you. I live the new Yami model but I have tough time justifying spending that much on 110 hp ski.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    the VX yamaha is th e slowest boring ski you can buy...........

6 weeks after you own it you will be kicking yourself that you want something faster ....

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaRoc View Post
    With trailer
    $8000 firm

$9500 firm

No, there is not. You'll notice a minor difference in power between the 12F and 15F, but is it worth +$1500? That's up to you. If it were me, I would consider them equal and pay more attention to the condition of the hulls, pump, maintenance records, good paperwork, condition of the trailer, and how much the seller will knock off the advertised price. "Firm" will flex when you show up with cash in-hand.

Skis almost always sell for less as a pair than individually, and they are tougher to sell in pairs, which is good for you as the buyer. In your case, figure $750 for the trailer (could be more/less depending on the type/condition of trailer). That leaves the 12Fs at $3625 ea, and the 15Fs at $4375. Both are decent market prices, at least here in Texas. Try to find flaws to persuade the seller to knock off money.

-Greg

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    the VX yamaha is th e slowest boring ski you can buy...........

6 weeks after you own it you will be kicking yourself that you want something faster ....

Waz

All reviews are saying a top speed of 52ish and 0-30 in like 2 seconds. Is that wrong?

I had some 2003 Yamaha XLT800's last summer and I'm not sure if I ever got them over 45MPH.

Like I said, I'm not really looking for a speed demon. What I do want is a comfortable, stable, great handling ski that has the power to pull a tube or wakeboard if I want.
    The next step up Cruiser is the FX Cruiser HO but its like 3K more. Thats crazy just to get another 10MPH IMO.

The two sets of used I mentioned...their prices started higher. The prices I posted are me negotiating them down. I'm a salesman and negotiate daily, so I'm confident I've hit their bottom line.
    I'm really going to explore new skis for now, before I go any farther in looking at used. A warranty is VERY VERY appealing to me.

Thanks everyone

Avoid supercharged PWC's. They require premium gas and require extra maintenance. Unles you're a speed demon you don't need the cost or maintenance for a supercharged ski. The insurance costs of a supercharged ski are also higher than reqular aspirated skis even through BOAT US.
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaRoc View Post
    With trailer
    $8000 firm

$9500 firm

I'm not a speed demon by any stretch. 40-50 is probably about as fast as I'll ever go.
    But I am 6'3" 245lbs
    I don't want it to lack for power

I want to be able to pull a tube or maybe wakeboard if need be. But they will mostly be for cruising around, cutting up a little, swimming off of, etc.

Also found a beautiful pair of 2006 Seadoo RTX with low hours (guy is checking exact tomorrow) for $9500
    I'm really hesitant about supercharged though. I'm not mechanically inclined and just want a reliable ski.

Any input is appreciated. Even if it's for something else. I live in Southwest Louisiana and was really trying to stay around 9k or under for a pair.

Thanks

+1
    I'd go with the 2008 STX15Fs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information