Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272

    Arrow Differences between MSX 140 exhaust resonator and Virage TX(i) resonator

    I have the center resonator from a 2002 Virage TXi here. I want to know if it is essentially the same fit as the stock MSX 140 resonator.

    I have the MSX 140 resonator here but I am trying to avoid removing it from my (still frozen) MSX 140 just to confirm whether the Virage TX version is fully interchangeable with the MSX 140 resonator.

    MSX 140 part number 5434966

    My spare Virage TXi center resonator shown in photo, part number 5433629

    The end of the tape measure is directly above the actual end of the resonator, despite the photo perspective.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	354579

    As as best I can from looking at the installed MSX 140 resonator the only difference is a mounting hole in the long end of the plastic molding. The exhaust hose angles look very similar if not identical.

    If someone has both resonators handy can you compare them and point out the differences?

    Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    I think I have a MSX resonator up in the attic. I will see if i can find it. What size are the hose inlet and outlet on the Virage resonator?

  3. #3
    StevoH@O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Greenfield, WI
    Posts
    133
    When I was replacing a resonator on my 01 Virage 1200, I ordered on that looked very similar but had different numbers from what was shown on the manufacturers info. My surprise once I had it - the diameters of the hose openings. The one I purchased to save $$ was the same physical shape, but the hose openings were different enough that I could not use the rubber hosing that went into the water box. So I paid up, got the correct part number and everything fit like it was supposed to. Still trying to sell the incorrect part on ebay...

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    When I was replacing a resonator on my 01 Virage 1200, I ordered on that looked very similar but had different numbers from what was shown on the manufacturers info. My surprise once I had it - the diameters of the hose openings. The one I purchased to save $$ was the same physical shape, but the hose openings were different enough that I could not use the rubber hosing that went into the water box. So I paid up, got the correct part number and everything fit like it was supposed to. Still trying to sell the incorrect part on ebay...

    Is it for an MSX or Virage?

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    ... What size are the hose inlet and outlet on the Virage resonator?
    This is the Virage TXi resonator I have here.

    Angled input from waterbox
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	354607

    Right angle exit to hull fitting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	354606

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I think I have a MSX resonator up in the attic. I will see if i can find it.

    What size are the hose inlet and outlet on the Virage resonator?
    Did you find it?

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    I will try and get it out in a little bit. If i remember right the resonator that came with my matrix had a 3 inch inlet and outlet.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    .
    Last edited by Mr. Matrix; 03-31-2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Double post

  9. #9
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I will try and get it out in a little bit. If i remember right the resonator that came with my matrix had a 3 inch inlet and outlet.
    Are the inlet and outlet exactly the same diameters as shown in my photos?

    I will recheck on Tuesday but for the Virage resonator one seems to be 3" and the other is a tad larger, maybe 3 1/8" or 3 1/4"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	354691

    Thanks for confirming the MSX 140 resonator length matches my Virage resonator length.

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    They were both 3 inch on my resonator. When I got the Matrix there were 3 inch hoses on both ends of the resonator. I took the resonator out when i built the ski.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140221_162518[1].jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	354696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140315_080048[1].jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	354697

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What is the difference between the 99 SLT H and 00 Virage?
    By jajardas in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 09:48 PM
  2. Differences between MSX 140 and Virage TXi ???
    By UnityRacing in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 05:06 PM
  4. WTB MSX 140 Exhaust Resonator
    By SMOKEWAGON in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 05:09 AM
  5. difference between ECU´s Rxt vs Rxp and year?
    By ExciterGPR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •