Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10hr service

+1

10hr service

Coming up on my first 10hrs. So what oil do you guys recommend for my 310R? Spark plugs? Id like to change both. Thank you.

+1
    the manual has all that info in it and more take the time and read it instead of asking the internet for the multitude of answers you will receive. btw the spark plugs will last in excess of 100hrs changing them is pointless unless you are all cashed up.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I've been reading the manual and understand the weights of oil. Just I guess my questions was brand? I'm use to yamaha and having to purchase oil that has wet clutch style additives. Where as the Kawi does not. So do you still put a marine style oil or can you put any 4 stroke oil in it. When I purchased the ski from my local dealer. 45 min away, I asked and they said there oil change service fill for all ski's, they use Yama-lube.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdcoop0428 View Post
    I've been reading the manual and understand the weights of oil. Just I guess my questions was brand? I'm use to yamaha and having to purchase oil that has wet clutch style additives. Where as the Kawi does not. So do you still put a marine style oil or can you put any 4 stroke oil in it. When I purchased the ski from my local dealer. 45 min away, I asked and they said there oil change service fill for all ski's, they use Yama-lube.
    Go with the OEM Kawasaki synthetic oil as long as you have warranty, it's going to make things easier with your claim if something happened to your engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Go with the OEM Kawasaki synthetic oil as long as you have warranty, it's going to make things easier with your claim if something happened to your engine.
    I thought OEM Kawa oil though it's meets all marine industry standards was not a synthetic oil,anyway fine for recreational use and warranty issues..

Oh I'm a " cashed up guy" I change my spark plugs every season

+1
    like i said the oil specs are suggested and listed in the manual as long as the oil meets those specs you can use it. i use valvoline full synthetic.10w/50

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    I thought OEM Kawa oil though it's meets all marine industry standards was not a synthetic oil,anyway fine for recreational use and warranty issues..

Oh I'm a " cashed up guy" I change my spark plugs every season
    yes it's 100% synthetic, here in Canada anyway

+1
    How come do you use heavier w50 in your cooler country?

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    like i said the oil specs are suggested and listed in the manual as long as the oil meets those specs you can use it. i use valvoline full synthetic.10w/50

I have ran Motul 300V, Mercury Racing oil and now Shell Ultra Helix... all work just fine.
    What ever match the OEM spec, Kawasaki do not run clutch! So no big deal!

Coming up on my first 10hrs. So what oil do you guys recommend for my 310R? Spark plugs? Id like to change both. Thank you.

The book says check for loose bolts at the 10 hour service. Oil change is not until 20 hours. It never hurts changing it early though.

+1
    Ok great, thank you everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information