Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2004 RXP lost of oil

Wife and I went for a run Saurday to Gro's Landing with a first ride of the season and with a rebuilt Supercharger and oil change and new spark plugs.Was running great with great power but after leaving Gro's wife was on it and would get on it and it would beep and was still running great but took it easy on the short ride we had back to landing with no beep warnings.First thing was check oil and it was justed on the end of stick,then check for code and nothing there,then checked hose from Supercharge to intake and was clean with no oil,than started and blow water out of exhaust and looks like some oil with water to me,will look deeper and any pointers to help😳

+1
    Do a leak down test....Could be bad valve stem seals...I had that issue this year...Chased oil consumption and fount it was in my valave seals/guides...

+1
    Guess I'll just run it on the hose to warm it up and see what the oil level will show��

+1
    Dam,she's been a great running doo for year,guess it's time for some internal work to keep her alive.Hope that's not the chase but will take the time tomorrow to dig deeper.Thinks for info bro��

+1
    Check the PTO bellow/ bearing assy for leaks

6. +1 by:

+1
    Will could it be seal from shaft to engine,there is some oil at bottom of engine compartment and shaft has oil on it,leaking PTO seal.
    Last edited by buddydoo; 03-30-2015 at 06:04 PM.

+1
    Snoman how would a leakdown help you find leaking valve stem seals? A leakdown should help identify what's causing a low compression situation i.e intake valve/valve seat, exhaust valve/valve seat, piston ring blowby, etc. am I missing something here?

+1
    and yes Buddydoo if your hull has oil in the bottom of it a good place to start looking for leaks would be the bb/bellows and the oil cooler

+1
    Thanks guys for info,will go through it a little every day after work and with PTO and then oil cooler if so,I can said that the total riding time that day was about 40mins after a fresh oil change and rebuilt Supercharge and lost enuff oil to not show on the dip stick,dam and she was running great until I made the which with wife for the new RXP-X,she got sick because I let go of her for the new bitch.lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxjoe View Post
    Snoman how would a leakdown help you find leaking valve stem seals? A leakdown should help identify what's causing a low compression situation i.e intake valve/valve seat, exhaust valve/valve seat, piston ring blowby, etc. am I missing something here?
    you are correct I must have had my head up my ass when I responded with the leak down test...I was thinking valve stem seals or valve guides when he said he was getting oil residue out the exhaust...why I said leak down test beats the hell out of me... Must have been one of those days

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information