2010 RXT-X 260 Questions On ECU Tuning

Hello everyone! I had a few questions on my 2010 RXT-X 260. I was in the market for a new performance ECU and I have absolutely no clue what to get i'm pretty new to all of this lol. I do believe that I do have something going wrong with mine. I get on my ski and it isn't 3 min and I hit a wave and the ski shuts off on me the gauges black out acting like it has no electrical power. It doesn't beep or start i have to tap the gauge cluster quite a bit and then it will allow me to start again. I am not sure where to ever start on this issue but I figured I may as well replace the ECU with something I will enjoy as well.

I currently have the RIVA Power Filter Kit, RIVA Catch Can, RIVA S3 Hull Rear Exhaust Kit and a Solas Impeller which I believe is a 15/22R but I am not 100% on that. I had the GPS override module on my ski but it never worked for me, a local shop told me I should pull it because it was not working so they pulled it out for me. So now I believe the next thing I need is a new ECU because it seems to me after every mod I do the thing gets slower not faster. I was looking for some advise on which is the best and MOST RELIABLE ECU out there. Also the tuning I should run with it. I also did not know if I needed to get any other parts as well, along with the ECU. I want the most reliable ski I can get while still making some more power. I would love to get right around 75 to 78 out of my ski while it still being something I dont have to worry too much about maintenance wise. Sorry about writing a book lol I am new to the fourms so bear with me. Thank you so much for all for your help in advance!

+1
    Welcome to the GH
    have you checked the grounds?
    a loose wire will do weird stuff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by clieber2 View Post
    Hello everyone! I had a few questions on my 2010 RXT-X 260. I was in the market for a new performance ECU and I have absolutely no clue what to get i'm pretty new to all of this lol. I do believe that I do have something going wrong with mine. I get on my ski and it isn't 3 min and I hit a wave and the ski shuts off on me the gauges black out acting like it has no electrical power. It doesn't beep or start i have to tap the gauge cluster quite a bit and then it will allow me to start again. I am not sure where to ever start on this issue but I figured I may as well replace the ECU with something I will enjoy as well.

I currently have the RIVA Power Filter Kit, RIVA Catch Can, RIVA S3 Hull Rear Exhaust Kit and a Solas Impeller which I believe is a 15/22R but I am not 100% on that. I had the GPS override module on my ski but it never worked for me, a local shop told me I should pull it because it was not working so they pulled it out for me. So now I believe the next thing I need is a new ECU because it seems to me after every mod I do the thing gets slower not faster. I was looking for some advise on which is the best and MOST RELIABLE ECU out there. Also the tuning I should run with it. I also did not know if I needed to get any other parts as well, along with the ECU. I want the most reliable ski I can get while still making some more power. I would love to get right around 75 to 78 out of my ski while it still being something I dont have to worry too much about maintenance wise. Sorry about writing a book lol I am new to the fourms so bear with me. Thank you so much for all for your help in advance!
    The best and MOST RELIABLE ECU is clearly the Motec M130, which several guys on this forum use.

Your problem is electrical connections not the ECU. First start at the main Black Ground wire in front of the starter motor. Next check the battery connections. Next check both fuse boxes for good fuses and properly installed. Then check the main connections on the wiring harness at the ECU and then all the other connections are tight and secure. Check the main connections under the steering column way up from above the fuel tank. You are going to find a loose connection somewhere.

Good Luck

Oh ok awesome! I will for sure check all of my connections! I really appreciate the help! It will be nice to ride longer than 5 min lol! Ok so the MoTec is really pushing my budget to its limit lol. What about the V-tech tuning or the RIVA Athena are either of those pretty reliable? Do I need to get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator or the upgraded valve springs and retainers along with any of the ecu's for proper tuning and stability? Thanks so much for all your guys help! I really do greatly appreciate it!

+1
    Find and fix your current problem first, then we can guide you on incremental mods to get you performing better within your budget and abilities.

Hi, I would say that a stock bosch ecu is the best solution for this ski.
    yes motec have more features but you will be safe with the Vtech tune.
    IF you plan to go higher then stage 1 then i suggest that you also get the vtech datalogger, they you can see what happens.

/jonatan

Thread Information