Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MSX 150 won't start back up

My 2004 MSX 150 will run great for a while. Then after stopping, it will not start back up. I tow it in, and when I get back to winch it up on the trailer, it starts up again. Very frustrating. And embarrassing with the Yamahas and Sea Doos watching me get towed in. Any help would be appreciated.

trube

i have had loads of problems then it seemed to run the not then would not run at all i took plug out and it set on fire because it had about £30 worth of fuel in the full because of a kind of pump that has rotten after 1 year look near uyour fuel tank where the boot is feel if the metal pump right under there is leakin if so thats probs why it wont start lkike mine iv just nearly set on fire lol i didant expect this from a 2 year old yet ski also see if it smells alot of fuel that was how i noticed it plus the fire :P

Hi Todd, welcome to Greenhulk. I am not exactly sure what happened but it sounds like you had a sensor fail. Are you close to a dealer that could hook it to the digital wrench? I am sure that Jay at Atlantic Power sports might have some insight. His handle on here is 4strokepolaristech. Send him a PM or call him at 732-920-7669. He is the foremost authority on this craft.

+1
    Hi Todd, WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums!!
    Jay should be able to help you right along, he's back at work tomorrow.

+1
    please give me more information. does it crank over? is the battery in good shape(charged and load checked ok) when it is running do you have any warning lights or red light flashing? when it stops running is it like someone pulled the lanyard or does it die slowly? do you ride in salt or fresh water?(this will help me)

Jay

It turns over fine. I have 2 msx 150's, so I switched the batteries and still no luck. No warning lights when running. I rode it 10 miles non-stop Sunday, stopped at a sand bar, spent about an hour catching rays, then it wouldn't start. It doesn't die slowly, just will not start back up. I ride in fresh water. I've taken it out 4 times, and every time the same thing. Tow it in, then it starts back up. Had a dealer hook it up to the digital wrench, but because it would start on the trailer, there were no trouble codes. They told me they adjusted the valves, but that hasn't solved the problem, and it's a 3.5 hour drive to their shop in Milledgeville, GA.

+1

Cool

jay I know they have had problems with that modual up front ( one on port side) could that be it ?

later cd

+1
    ok what i think that you have going on here is a bad main system IFB(interface box). this is a electronic relay that powers up the emm,fuel pump,gauges etc... it is located on the right side of the boat near the emm(silver box) and the main relay(brown box). it is flat on one end and a plug n the other end that pugs into the harness and it says on it System IFB. it has a zip tie on it to keep the plug from coming undone.

next time the boat won't start do the following:

when you crank the boat do you hear the fuel pump power up like your other boat. listen to that one after just tapping the start button with the lanyard in. if you do not hear it power up this is what i want you to do. when that boat won't start unplug it and tap it on a flat surface 3 times sharply and then plug it back in. laugh but this works 95% of the time. if the boat starts you need a new one(the tapping is for test purposes) if not plug the other one in from your running boat.

let us know how you make out. if you need a new IFB call us and we have then in stock as for they are common to go bad.

Jay

+1

PPU IFB

cd,
    i think that you are talking about up front where the PPU IFB is in the front on the right(starboard) side under the storage bucket? that will set a code most of the time and will generally you will just loose throttle but the machine will start. but that is a great area that must be inspected and dielectric greased often(pre-during-post season)

Jay

+1

Cool

no think your right ,they had me reset ecu by pulling main power-could be mess up

later cd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information