Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Any suggestions on water leaks????

Hey guys;
    It's been like a year since I got my 2011 RXT-X 260 RS and still can't find a final solution to the rear access panels leaks. I try new seals, foam tape, double side tape, etc. The thing is that water still comes in no matter what. I once though about buying new access panels because I heard that they tend to warp, but some say it will do nothing, other say i will. Any advice on this???? I always wash the inside of the hull almost perfectly to get all the salt water out, but it will be way better to have no water at all. This pics are from my panels. Let me know your experience or what you think I should do. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140224_163052.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	354648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140224_163039.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	354649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140224_162949.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	354650

I was kind of wondering the same thing, I have a 2013 GTX that has the same issue.

+1
    I wonder why the aftermarket hasn't come up with a solution to this widespread problem yet? Someone needs to design aftermarket panels with better seals that pull down from multiple locations. I would gladly trade the easy access panels for a better design even if it required tools to remove.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnummmmmmmmmm View Post
    I wonder why the aftermarket hasn't come up with a solution to this widespread problem yet? Someone needs to design aftermarket panels with better seals that pull down from multiple locations. I would gladly trade the easy access panels for a better design even if it required tools to remove.
    I can help make this happen. However, after making a mold and making two integrated billet arm tabs....What do you think people would think "too much" is. Think fiberglass, black gelcoat and back molded....carbon (visual) fiber would be optional. The OEM's retail for $218/pr.

Maybe what is needed is a poll....

+1
    This is really annoying. Yesterday I went riding and then went to the washing process which takes a lot longer because of this issue. It's so frustrating to see water inside the hull when I've tried every single advice on this. I ride in salt water and sometime there's even a little sand inside along with the water so you can imagine how long it takes to get it clean since I'm a cleaning maniac. Still thinking it it's a good idea to buy new panels or if it's going to be a waste of money.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    I can help make this happen. However, after making a mold and making two integrated billet arm tabs....What do you think people would think "too much" is. Think fiberglass, black gelcoat and back molded....carbon (visual) fiber would be optional. The OEM's retail for $218/pr.

Maybe what is needed is a poll....
    Poll is a good idea. I'm open to any price range as long as the price reflects the quality. I'd like to have something I'm not afraid to step on while Reboarding.

+1
    Are those panels suppose to be completely flat or not exactly?

Boost whore
    +1
    Aftermarket solution below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sikaflex-291-masilla-adhesiva-para-sellado-cartucho-300-ml-1-3986.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	355533

you would need tools to remove it.....
    wont leak though.
    ever.

+1
    New panels wouldn't solve the problem???

+1
    The panels on my 14 rxt-x don't leak a drop. I'll check them out when i get home, looks different then yours.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information