Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up Modding my '15 Tundra Crewmax 1794 Edition (FZR tow rig)

Currently running 33" Goodyear Duratracs on my stock 20" wheels on my Tundra.(it's 4wd) This Friday (bank holiday) I'm installing a 3"/1" lift kit and some Moto Metal MO970 20x10 (-24mm offset) rims in black with the milled accents. The truck is black so I think it's going to look sweet once everything goes on this Saturday.

Here's the exact wheels I'm getting...

Here's the before shot of the truck how it sits now...stock height on 33's...

After with ski in tow...

Last edited by FZeeR; 04-03-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    what lift are you going with?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    what lift are you going with?
    Simple Readylift 3/1...Strut-top spacer up front (black) and 1 inch blocks in the rear. Keeps a nice ride and I don't do much off-road stuff.........Just really adding the lift to clear the turning radius with the -24mm offset 20x10 rims I'm mounting and I think it'll look good leveled out...

+1
    Check out the Toytec level kits. They were the most thought out lift kits on the market when I purchased a few years back. Included a front diff drop kit to make sure to keep your diffs within factory specs.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...a-_p_1135.html

Also upgrade the factory shocks, they are way too soft. The new shocks are just drop in while your installing the kit. I went with the bilstien 5100s and they feel 1000% better. If you don't swap the shocks your gonna regret it. I hated that I lived with the stock ones for 25k once I installed the bilstien.

For wheels I went with the XD monster 20x9 with +35 offsets. Absolutely zero rub even with the wide 33x12.50 toyo open country's. That would be another thing I would 1000% recommend but it sounds like you already have tires. I would check the tundra forums on the offset for those specific wheels as they helped me figure out the offset I needed for the XD wheels and they turned out perfect.

Congrats on the truck!
    Last edited by nashvegas; 04-06-2015 at 08:47 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post
    Check out the Toytec level kits. They were the most thought out lift kits on the market when I purchased a few years back. Included a front diff drop kit to make sure to keep your diffs within factory specs.

Also upgrade the factory shocks, they are way too soft. The new shocks are just drop in while your installing the kit. I went with the bilstien 5100s and they feel 1000% better. If you don't swap the shocks your gonna regret it. I hated that I lived with the stock ones for 25k once I installed the bilstien.

For wheels I went with the XD monster 20x9 with +35 offsets. Absolutely zero rub even with the wide 33x12.50 toyo open country's. That would be another thing I would 1000% recommend but it sounds like you already have tires. I would check the toyo forums on the offset for those specific wheels as they helped me figure out the offset I needed for the XD wheels and they turned out perfect.

Congrats on the truck!
    Thanks! I had a '07 Tundra 5.7 with a Toytec 3" lift...Only thing I didn't like was that it compressed the spring and stiffened up the ride...With Readylift the spacer mounts on top of the strut assembly and I think it has a better ride quality. Plus it gives more than 3"...I'm going with a pretty aggressive -12 offset on the wheels to get a nice lip...Here's the exact wheel I'm getting...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post

For wheels I went with the XD monster 20x9 with +35 offsets. Absolutely zero rub even with the wide 33x12.50 toyo open country's. That would be another thing I would 1000% recommend but it sounds like you already have tires. I would check the toyo forums on the offset for those specific wheels as they helped me figure out the offset I needed for the XD wheels and they turned out perfect.

Congrats on the truck!

+1 on the Bilstein 5100s. I just put a pair on the rear of my Dodge after upgrading to heavy duty springs. What a difference!!!!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    ready lift or bds are good choices..... dealer for the first and soon to be dealer for second

+1
    Was able to get her done today! Lovin it.

+1
    Looks good. Just did torsion keys 2" and rear 3" block (removed factory 1-1/2" block) on my gmc. It's dark blue. I really like those wheels. Looks good on dark colored trucks. Your truck looks good the way it sits now. I also like the bilsteins as well on my truck. Did u get shock extenders mounts for the rear? Not sure if it needs it but I put them on. The truck rides as nice now as from factory

+1
    If u tinted the front windows that would look sick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information