Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha FZR SHO 2009 with 150hrs?

Hi,

I live in Sweden and i'm about to get my first ski ever. I have driven many of these but Ive never owned one myself. This will be fun!
    The object I'm looking at is a Yamaha FZR SHO 2009 with 150hrs on the clock. Its 100% stock and it is serviced by the book.

The thing that worries me is the cupercharger. Is 150hrs alot for these? The ski has been driven as I guess they all are being driven - lots of high speed transportations and lots of playing around.

I have searched the forums for information but I cant seem to find what Im looking for when it comes to the supercharger.

Do I need to replace the supercharger clutch the first week? How many hours do they run before they usually break?

Hope you can read my bad English, and hope you know more than we do here in Sweden

Thanks,
    Andreas

+1
    The object I'm looking at is a Yamaha FZR SHO 2009 with 150hrs on the clock. Its 100% stock and it is serviced by the book.
    Welcome to the Hulk. Well you never know about used skis, but since it's a stock setup I think you will be pleased, because the 2009 units are hard to beat. Here is my personal experience with two of the 2009 "objects"...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782

+1
    I have a 2009 FZR with approx. 150 hours. As long as it was maintained relatively well, there is nothing to be worried about. Give it a test ride and make sure it runs at 7700rpm (+/- 100), inspect the pump and hull for any obvious damage, and check the engine bay for anything that looks out of the ordinary. You can change the oil, filter, and plugs when you pick it up if you'd like.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk. Well you never know about used skis, but since it's a stock setup I think you will be pleased, because the 2009 units are hard to beat. Here is my personal experience with two of the 2009 "objects"...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189782
    Thank you! Great reading! This cinfirms what I have already heard and read about the Yamahas - reliable and fast machines

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I have a 2009 FZR with approx. 150 hours. As long as it was maintained relatively well, there is nothing to be worried about. Give it a test ride and make sure it runs at 7700rpm (+/- 100), inspect the pump and hull for any obvious damage, and check the engine bay for anything that looks out of the ordinary. You can change the oil, filter, and plugs when you pick it up if you'd like.
    I will keep this in mind, thank you. What is it that makes just 7700rpm +-100 so special?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahhbechh View Post
    I will keep this in mind, thank you. What is it that makes just 7700rpm +-100 so special?
    That is the max RPM a stock 2009 FZR will make. Anything significantly less means there is something wrong (e.g. clutch issue).

+1
    mine 2009 fzr was perfect till 185 hours...
    after that... I started to mod... and started problems and satisfaction problems and satisfaction....

buy it at the right price!
    you will love it

That is the max RPM a stock 2009 FZR will make. Anything significantly less means there is something wrong (e.g. clutch issue).
    Okay, that is really good to know Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    mine 2009 fzr was perfect till 185 hours...
    after that... I started to mod... and started problems and satisfaction problems and satisfaction....

buy it at the right price!
    you will love it
    Yes, this is what I've read too. This one is stock and will remain stock. I think the performance is good enough for me anyway

Okay, so I got myself a Yamaha FX SHO 2010 with 48hrs on the clock. Great price is has only been driven in fresh water by an old man who bought it new. This will be great

+1
    Congrats. Pics or it didn't happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information