Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I got cited @ no wake zone

I got cited @ a no wake zone but I shut off my motor as soon as I got to the buoy?

i was going to gun it and start a lake water pursuit involving 3 jurisdictions @ lake Mead/Mojave , because I refused to sign the citation, then I was told I didn't have to sign anything? They cited me based on the name on the registration of the watercraft? So I could be riding anyone's water craft and they cite the name of the registered owner?

Banned User
    +1
    A lot of us have gotten BS no wake zone tickets. Its the price we pay for fun unfortunately

+1
    How fast were you going when you shut off at the buoy? Coming in hot like that and with the sudden deceleration causes more wake than not. I'm guilty of doing the same thing sometimes and it's something I always tell myself I need to not do.

That is crazy how they sited the boat and not you individually. It could have been a rental for all they knew.

Pretty fast, I guess I'm not understanding the laws, I imagined I can just let go of the throttle completely once I pass the buoy?

Banned User
    +1
    A No Wake zone means no wake in that zone. None. At all. It's not an "enter at speed and slow down once in the zone" zone. If you cross that line and you're making any kind of wake/waves you're in violation and deserve a ticket.

Please take a basic boaters safety course. Passing on the right is also illegal in most states and you will get cited for it.

6. +1 by:

+1
    My understanding is that you need to be at no wake speed before the buoy. Not to start slowing down at the buoy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheappc View Post
    Pretty fast, I guess I'm not understanding the laws, I imagined I can just let go of the throttle completely once I pass the buoy?
    Nope...you basically need to be at idle speed by the time you even approach the buoy to ensure you are not bringing any wake with you into the no wake zone.

+1
    One thing I learned in Boat Saftey course is that you are responsible for your wake. Your wake is an extension of your vessel. You are liable for any and all damage caused by your wake to other vessels or property.

10. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by riick370 View Post
    A No Wake zone means no wake in that zone. None. At all. It's not an "enter at speed and slow down once in the zone" zone. If you cross that line and you're making any kind of wake/waves you're in violation and deserve a ticket.

Please take a basic boaters safety course. Passing on the right is also illegal in most states and you will get cited for it.
    I sometimes imagine there is an enforcement boat floating perhaps 100 feet (or 100 yards) before the marker buoy. Should I go flying past the (imaginary) enforcement boat?

Ok then... it's my fault, I'll pay that ticket...

but i do have one other important question, how could they cite you with no id? Anyone could be borrowing my spark and they'll cite them with my name?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information