Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new impeller required for stock 2014 rxpx

2014 rxpx 260 not even at 5hrs, and at the end of last year i sucked up a rock and damaged my impeller, question is do i go with oem or replace it with a solas?
    ive been to a few web sites, and each one is giving me a different answer for which solas to use?
    SRZ-CD-15/20A ?
    is what PWC performance is saying is a match for stock?
    i need to get something on order soon, do i go with oem, or a solas? and which one?
    would the solas be considered a bit of an upgrade (better performance) from stock?

+1
    it really depends on your goals for the ski, if you plan to leave it stock (no flash or supporting mods) you're not going to gain much of anything going to a solas. I quite frankly felt like my ski lost some mid range going to a solas from my stock prop.

i dont plan on any mods, at least i dont think, at this point i can get the solas , wear ring, and tool, for a lot cheaper than getting stock. but if im going to loose, ill spend the money.
    did you loose hole shot or top speed with the solas? and which solos did you have?

+1
    you will not loose hole shot or top speed, your top speed will be limited to 69 mph anyhow becuase your limiters are in place. if you can get them cheaper go with the solas 15/19. The 20 is just a tad too much for a stock ski. i used the 15/19 and that prop is good to 80 mph at 8500 rpm should you ever want to mod in the future.

thanks, i think i will get on the 15/19, i was also looking at possible mods in future so thats good to know i wont need another prop at that point.
    speeking of mods, looks like my first step would be to get rid of my limiters. what it looks like is the vtech is the way to go, but if im only really interested in getting rid of the limiters is the vtech my cheapest option to do that?

+1
    cheapest no, least amount of headaches depending on who you talk to, yes lol

You will never see 80 mph with 8500 RPM with prop 15/19 but only on 8900 RPM and with noozle 83mm.The prop 15/19 is very good for you but with VTech update....For the good match RPM-Limiter.Good luck!!

ya i dont expect to see 80....yet. for now as long as i dont loose anything going with the 15/19r on stock. it sounds like it will give me some growing room when i do decide to spend the cash to get the top speed.
    heck, ill just be grateful getting to 10hrs to see what it will do first. lol this is a lot different than my last 97 spx. (and it has almost been that long since ive been on one.) and after riding this one for 3 hrs, holy crap.
    i cant wait for the ice to melt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECK ENGINE View Post
    You will never see 80 mph with 8500 RPM with prop 15/19 but only on 8900 RPM and with noozle 83mm.The prop 15/19 is very good for you but with VTech update....For the good match RPM-Limiter.Good luck!!

I did 80.3 with a 15/19 at 8500 so yes it's able to reach 80 granted that was a 15/19 from riva that measured a 15/21 on my guage.

For your ski because of 8040 Rpm the limiter works and stops your Rpm. the prop 15/20 does not work right by it shelf (because you do not have the nessesary mods), needs the limiter to get free in order to have all the profit for the prop 15/19.
    As you can undestand you will earn much more for what you imagine with the correct match and VTech programm.Always with the correct and confirmed prop of 15/19.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information