Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: VTECH Tune List

+1

VTECH Tune List

Is there an official list of tunes avail?
    The website doesnt even show skis before 2007 and even the later ones is very limited if any info.

+1
    You need to purchase the VTec tuner and license to get access to the tunes.

+1
    I would like to know also the available tunes before i go and get it......

+1
    As Koftis said - want to know whats available ready to go

There isn't one list of tunes available to all. If Vtech listed every tune for every ski the list would probably hang the server! A list so long wouldn't mean anything to you either, some are just a string of meaningless numbers and words.

Your ski's year, ECU and firmware flash will determine which tunes are available. Vtech will always make a certain number of tunes available to you straight out of the box, so not to worry. If you speak with them nicely they will often modify a stock tune specifically for your needs.

Once you purchase the Maptuner and licence, upon login to the Vtech system you will be given a list of compatible tunes to choose from that will work with your ski.

Of course, if you choose to go the Vtech logger route, you will be able to create your own unique and machine specific tune, this is the way to go if you don't want to use a piggyback fuel controller (CMD).

There are hundreds of guys on here runnning Vtech tunes, you shouldn't worry that Vtech won't have one for you, they will hook you up without a doubt.

Once you feel the arm stretching pull of a Vtech tune, without the stock limiters, you will wonder how you ever accepted the stock performance for so long.

As an affordable mod, this gives the most smiles per miles for your bucks hands down - go for it.

ps, no I don't work for them or always agree with them, but they do have a great product for the masses. Until you can afford or even need, Motec, you can't go far wrong. You just need to then decide on which logger to use - search forum for debate (mainly my posts!!)

+1
    In mentioning that there are a number of variables, it makes it easier to export a list and make it available to go through.

Something simple like a X Wheel, 42lb and external intercooler on std FPR and 04-07 Siemens ECU would be a basic and common reflash, and I know people that would jump at it in a flash, but having no indication on whats available and having to go back and forward puts both them off, and me off in having to do the dog work.
    It might already be there sitting to down load.. who knows..

If a list was avail and the tune was with say 48lb injs then at least that gives you some idea on what extra money they would have to spend to get a drop in tune rather than setup a datalogger and bounce tunes across the other side of the world for god knows how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    In mentioning that there are a number of variables, it makes it easier to export a list and make it available to go through.

Something simple like a X Wheel, 42lb and external intercooler on std FPR and 04-07 Siemens ECU would be a basic and common reflash, and I know people that would jump at it in a flash, but having no indication on whats available and having to go back and forward puts both them off, and me off in having to do the dog work.
    It might already be there sitting to down load.. who knows..

If a list was avail and the tune was with say 48lb injs then at least that gives you some idea on what extra money they would have to spend to get a drop in tune rather than setup a datalogger and bounce tunes across the other side of the world for god knows how long.
    You're not going to get a list like that. The tunes are not created with such specific mods.

If you don't want to go the route of logging, tuning, flashing, logging, tuning, flashing, then take a standard tune that they offer you and run the CMD system (as I do). The autotune is instant and changes with the environmental conditions of the day. There's no need to download, re-flash etc, just set your target AFR's and pretty much forget about it. To make you feel good, check the post ride logs and you'll see just how good the system is.

Of course, there are always limitations with these type of systems, but for the recreational to low end racer, it's a great place to start. Check out some of the big guys on here using the CMD, guys who know tuning and know what they're doing - Whittlebeast, Beerdart etc

Trust that Vtech will have a tune for you, I've never heard of anyone buying the system and being left out in the cold.

+1
    Not asking for a specific mod/tune list, just asking for SOMETHING
    X rpm, Y lb, Z ign - as per whats in the Maptuner, but a reference list outside of it.
    The library clearly already exists

I tuned 30hrs a week on a dyno for 5 years all over the world.. Im capable of setting up ECU from complete 0s throughout the map, the point Im trying to make is that some people dont want to log and tune etc or have the ability to do so.
    'Standard tune they offer you' eg. 05 215 is what? Without actually buying the product you have no idea what the map is, whether it will meet your needs or if there even is one in existence.
    It makes no sense not to have the list available.
    As a reseller, how do you tell your customer you dont know what if any tunes are available for their ski.. but it will cost you $600..

#Vtech - over to you guys.

I purchased a Map Tuner & License last year for my Son's 2014 Sea Doo GTX 155. The list of available tunes for your application are available after you download the "Request: to the Map Tuner from your ECM, and send it to VTech. They will establish your account (Based on VIN#) for that specific PWC. If you need a specific tune, or advice (as I did), e-mail them at: [email protected]

They were very helpful. The GTX is 5 mph faster and has more power over the whole RPM scale. The only other modification to this Ski was a K&N air filter, which really helped throttle response.

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information