Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New 2015 310r pre season check list.

Hey guys , recently got my 310r and I figured I'd write my progress / ideas down on it as I go along. Was inspired By gza's 310 diary, thought it was a good idea since there's not much info compared to other skis out yet. If you more experienced guys see something wrong don't be scared to shout it out. Always open to suggestions..

As soon as I got the 310 home I went over the whole thing to make sure all the bolts and clamps were tight. Most Bolts were fine. Clamps not so tight, bolts on intercooler all seemed lose. Will look up torque specs but they definetly seem loose..

ride plate / intake grate silicone wasn't the best , sanded all the excess silicone off , along with blemishes and small chunks of ride plate material that wasn't smooth( ok it was pretty rough)Re siliconed everything. Filled all bolt holes

Adjusted the bars 10mm up and a few mm forward. Seems low for my riding style still , pro taper fat bars with adpaters should be here any day now. Got riva racing grips today in the mail , they are cheap , you get what you pay for , but I like the feel of them. Rubbers real soft so I can see them wearing out fast. Also the ends aren't sealed. Probably not good for salt water situations.

Removed recall plate , pops right out.
    Cut about 5-6 inches off of the rear tubes. They were sitting flat on the inside of the hull all bunched up. I can't see much of a difference if I flip it now or if the 5" was on there. But Atleast the tubes have a straight path to let hot air out of the hull.

Shimmed the rear seat up to go along with the hot air theory. Just loosened the lock nut on the seat base so the post sits higher.

Bov block off plate will be here tommorow. Removed bov tube , capped off intake.

Installed hydro turf wedges , they feel good. Don't look the best , but it'll get the job done and once they get sun bleached I won't care as much because they don't look great new. Lol

put some heat tape on the intercooler as these things are known to get pretty hot , don't know if it'll do anything honestly. Also put some on plug wires. Sit kind of close to head , and I had extra heat tape left over.

riva SCOM arrived today. Nicely put together for what it is. Instructions look easy to read. Easy in general to install. Will install once I clock Atleast 6 hours or better.

Put together a quick connect flush kit to flush both intercooler and engine at the same time with my salt away unit. Need to find a t splitter instead of a y for the hoses but it
    seems hard to find. Bought quick connects from Home Depot for $2-3 for two of them. Not bad.

Finally got those ugly warning stickers off of the machine. Ahh so much better.

Hopefully in in a couple of weeks I can get a warm enough day to start the break in process. Planning on using the break in procedure in the manual. Full temp then cool down using the slow key at first then switching to full power key half way through ( so supercharger is working and breaking in? Theory). I'll try and take this step slow but I know it's going to be hard.

Once its broken in I'll get some gps numbers and go from
    there with mods. Ill be very happy If she hits 74. haven't seen much on the 310 , shouldn't be much off from the 300 though? Very excited , about to get a wetsuit and just do it now .. I'll post some pics. But they always post on here sideways not sure why.

id like to thank jerry from 4tecperformance for helping me out , getting info on the ski , and also for getting me these parts so fast, especially after changing my order on him twice. Definetly the go to guy if you need something. Also the members on here that have helped educate me recently.
    Last edited by Gsmith88; 04-01-2015 at 10:11 PM.

+1

+1

i

+1
    RSI fat bar adapters came today. Wasn't aware they didn't have the tab to sit on the stock bar mounts. They look ok. Pics of riva grips and scom.

+1
    edit - looked at p/n

Everything looks great and good luck. Save 15% at Wetsuit Warehouse with coupon springbreak15. I just ordered a bunch of wetsuit gear from them. There customer support is top notch.

+1
    Thanx Titan , I just got a winter suit for 40% off at a local surf shop. Took $140 off. couldn't pass it up. It's still cold as hell here. Gza missed your post but looks like u figured it out ?

+1
    So took it out for the first time bent the prop slightly.. Sent it to impros to be fixed , balanced , with their race finish put on. Will polish the ride plate and intake grate now that they are off, and modify the grate slightly. Will post top speed numbers in a couple weeks when i get it back. In the mean time I got the pro taper fat bars in with rsi adapters. They didn't send me the right threaded bolts. Sent me standard threads and the bolt you need to fit is a m8 1.25 x 20mm for the fat bar adapters. Just a heads up, they are a bitch to find .. May have to order online if fastanal doesn't have them. But got the bars up for now and controls in place. I used this stuff called "vet wrap" to put on the bars so the controls don't move. You also have to dremel out the locking tabs out of the controls. Was easy though. I got the "cr high bend " they are a little wider then stock which feels nice and also the adapters make them sit about 10mm higher. I like the feel , will know better when it's back out in the water.

+1

+1
    Installed scom today, straight forward for the most part. The white plug w 4 wires is tucked way up to the left. removed ecu bracket to get it. Double sided tape wasn't stick so had to zip tie scom module to some of the factory wires to hold it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information