Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Turbo Kit now available for pre order

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=511

Frank Boyle has been developing this bolt on kit over the last 6 months and its now available for pre order with an expected delivery date of 3 weeks. You will be required to send in your J pipe as a core. If you can't provide a suitable core one will be purchased from Sea Doo and you will be billed for it.

Your credit card will be billed for 50% of the kit when you pre order and the other half billed once it ships to you.

This kit contains a Garrett turbo charger and all the hardware to install a turbocharger onto a 4-Tec engine including the blockoff for the location of the stock supercharger, this will now be used as an oil return from the turbo. This turbo, unlike any of the other turbo's you have heard about is completely water jacketed piping. This is extremely important in an application such as ours.

Lower compression pistons, a fuel controller with larger sized injectors, or preferably a programmable engine management system are required to maintain the proper air/fuel ratio to prevent engine damage from occurring.

Please note that this kit is for RACE USE ONLY and there is NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH THE USE OF THIS KIT. In addition the manufacturer, distributor or reseller of this product shall not be held liable for any damages that occur in connection with the installation of this kit. All risk associated with the use or misuse of this product sold by us, our dealers or resellers is strictly the responsibility of the user or purchaser. By purchasing this kit you agree to accept FULL liability.
    Only people that have a full and complete understanding of engines and have the ability to SAFELY work on them should attempt to install and use this product.
    This kit contains a high performance turbocharger that runs off the engines HOT Exhaust gasses and can cause serious injury or even death if not handled or installed properly!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frank boyle turbo.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	653.4 KB 
ID:	21734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo2.JPG 
Views:	362 
Size:	497.4 KB 
ID:	21735  
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 04-15-2007 at 09:04 PM.

all i have to say is freakin awesome... lol....

+1

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    So a couple quick questions...

-Is it absolutely required to run the lower comp pistons or is it possible to turn the wick down on the charger and stick with the stock pistons?

- If the answer is no will the needed pistons be available in the store?

-Just how many PSI is this thing set up to produce?

- I assume the Injector / fuel controller package available in your store is going to be available with a appropriate tune?

Just wondering about some things...

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!=d>

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    That really is an awesome setup. I haven't read any of the turbo talk, so what kind of performance gains are we talking about? Is this going to be superior to any of the sc setups currently available?

Wow! Now this is what I am talking about! If I had a RXP this is how I would go. Turbo > SC!

I am curious as to what turbo the kit has. The question about running lower boost to use stock internals, I think it is possible. I am assuming the spring in the wastegate is what will be used to control the max boost in this setup. No boost controller needed. If you used a different spring you could run less boost so you would be safer.

This is just my experience with cars talking...

And from I have seen HP and TQ wise on v8's with a sc vs with a turbo. The turbo will make more torque and horsepower with the same amount of boost. It is more effiencent

I can't take all the credit as I have been working closely with Central Florida Turbo on this set up these guys are leaders in the turbo world. Also Nils (rude Performace) has helped with all the countless questions. BTTech with all the tuning. Jerry (green Hulk) for all his input Thankyou all. Any way this is a great set up very user friendly. I have run all differant levels of boost with this set-up. The kit will come with a 7 lb spring in the waste gate this means you can adjust your boost from 5 lbs to 20 to 22 lbs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897 View Post

-Is it absolutely required to run the lower comp pistons or is it possible to turn the wick down on the charger and stick with the stock pistons?

- If the answer is no will the needed pistons be available in the store?
    This is just my opinion so take it for what its worth. If you are going to run a Rotax Racing ECU and a fuel controller then i would definately go with the lower compression pistons. If you go with a Rotax Racing EMS or equivilent and have the ability to turn down timing at higher RPM's then swapping the pistons is not as important. Yes, the pistons will be put in the online store as soon as i have pricing finalized on Tuesday.

-Just how many PSI is this thing set up to produce?
    A 7 lb spring is installed which will limit boost to about 20 PSI. Other springs are available that will deliver more boost. Higher boost springs have been tried, but the head lifts off the 4-tec at about 32 PSI

- I assume the Injector / fuel controller package available in your store is going to be available with a appropriate tune?
    The controller is available and will have a base map, but those that purchase this kit better be extremely fluent with mapping because just as with the Rotax Racing EMS, you will have to custom map it to fit the requirements of your particular ski.
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 04-15-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Wow! Now this is what I am talking about! If I had a RXP this is how I would go. Turbo > SC!

I am curious as to what turbo the kit has. The question about running lower boost to use stock internals, I think it is possible. I am assuming the spring in the wastegate is what will be used to control the max boost in this setup. No boost controller needed. If you used a different spring you could run less boost so you would be safer.

This is just my experience with cars talking...

And from I have seen HP and TQ wise on v8's with a sc vs with a turbo. The turbo will make more torque and horsepower with the same amount of boost. It is more effiencent

There is a boost controller. The turbo is a Garrett tuned up by precision turbo. the boost can adjust from 5lbs up to 22lbs.
    Last edited by stickem; 04-15-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information