Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Riding the southern St. Johns

Finally got the Ghost ski out for its first real cruise!

There will be more to come!

+1
    Oh hell yeah !!! =d>

Banned User
    +1
    Nice! A group of us love to blast the Econ and SJR. Just did the Wekiva river (SJR to 46 bridge) the other week it's a very closed course style river, very fun and curvy. We don't do 95mph LOL but we're all 69+ and only know one speed.

Where is this?

+1
    I've been wanting to ride the SJR, but the buds I ride with are too chicken shiz - they're afraid they'll hit a stump or suck up something.

My main concern is rounding one of those blind curves and getting wacked by an airboat.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    I've been wanting to ride the SJR, but the buds I ride with are too chicken shiz - they're afraid they'll hit a stump or suck up something.

My main concern is rounding one of those blind curves and getting wacked by an airboat.

I've rode the SJR all the way from 528 to Silver Glen Springs, not all in one day of course. The worst I've done is on the Econ river going under Snow Hill Rd there's a hidden log when the water is low and I snapped my trim ring but I made it home after rigging it. Econ is one of the best rides in central FL.

Never had an issue with other vessels.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riick370 View Post

I've rode the SJR all the way from 528 to Silver Glen Springs, not all in one day of course. The worst I've done is on the Econ river going under Snow Hill Rd there's a hidden log when the water is low and I snapped my trim ring but I made it home after rigging it. Econ is one of the best rides in central FL.

Never had an issue with other vessels.
    I'd love to tag along next time you ride that area...feel free to PM me. I can also show you around the Indian River / Sebastian Inlet if you're ever in this area.

+1
    Gotta try that sometime, never done that run. I've done the Kissimmee run to River Ranch. My favorite part is the tight twisty from (south) Istokpoga ramp to the first dam/lock (north). Its a solid 22 miles of twisties (one-way).

Banned User
    +1
    You should try the Econ river when CS Lee opens back up on the 17th.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Gotta try that sometime, never done that run. I've done the Kissimmee run to River Ranch. My favorite part is the tight twisty from (south) Istokpoga ramp to the first dam/lock (north). Its a solid 22 miles of twisties (one-way).
    We rode that Saturday, but I forgot my cameras. Won't make that mistake next time!

+1

No stumps where we ride. Main issue is hitting bottom (sand and mud) when the levels get low. We ride where the air boaters don't. We stay away from air boater trails and such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information