Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    03 Freedom Accelerator check valve.

    Having an issue with my 03 freedom. I have it about narrowed down to within the accelerator pump system. I took the squirter apart. I see no check valve. Would it's position be to the right of the spring in the attached picture? Also, the carb is leaking from the outside of accelerator cam rod. This tells me fuel is getting past the diaphragm but it looks ok. Could there be an issue with the other check valve behind the brass plug? I have no idea how to get that plug out to check into the spring/check ball.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1598.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	354901  


  2. #2
    Anyone have any info on this? I found that 3/16 may be the correct size for the one in the metering block but I can't find anything about the one in the squirter.

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,587
    +1
    1,272
    What exactly is the reason for investigating the accelerator pump?

    Where is fuel leakage coming from?

  4. #4
    I've been through the carburetor multiple times. Quality rebuild kit from watcon, all new fuel line, New fuel pick up, New selector valve. Also adjusted pop off pressure. Leakdown and compression is good. Ski still has a bog When rolling into the throttle at slow speeds. The accelerator pump IS squirting fuel when I check it engine off. If you roll into the throttle slowly, however, it bogs and requires feathering to get going. The carb is wet around the cam and accelerator pump rod that pushes the diaphragm. I took the squirter apart and see no check ball so that's why I am where I'm at.

  5. #5
    it is always wet on the cam/spring/nut in the picture, but that just goes into the throat connected to the butterfly. That's why I think it's coming out of the accelerator pump and getting on that assembly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1599.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	355024  

  6. #6
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,775
    +1
    400
    you missing the steel ball inside the squirter,probably have one or two.hell put it all in a bag zip loc bag and send it my way i'll sort it out

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    you missing the steel ball inside the squirter,probably have one or two.hell put it all in a bag zip loc bag and send it my way i'll sort it out
    I messaged you about the squirter before I read this. If you could PM me your address I will send it your way. Highly appreciate the help.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by 07keo02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    you missing the steel ball inside the squirter,probably have one or two.hell put it all in a bag zip loc bag and send it my way i'll sort it out
    I messaged you about the squirter before I read this. If you could PM me your address I will send it your way. Highly appreciate the help.
    Good move. Doug knows his way around the Keihin carbs as well as anyone.

  9. #9
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,775
    +1
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 07keo02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    you missing the steel ball inside the squirter,probably have one or two.hell put it all in a bag zip loc bag and send it my way i'll sort it out
    I messaged you about the squirter before I read this. If you could PM me your address I will send it your way. Highly appreciate the help.
    Good move. Doug knows his way around the Keihin carbs as well as anyone.
    you'd be hard pressed to find someone who knows them better

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 07keo02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    you missing the steel ball inside the squirter,probably have one or two.hell put it all in a bag zip loc bag and send it my way i'll sort it out
    I messaged you about the squirter before I read this. If you could PM me your address I will send it your way. Highly appreciate the help.
    Good move. Doug knows his way around the Keihin carbs as well as anyone.
    you'd be hard pressed to find someone who knows them better
    Then tell me why I can't stop the MAG carb from dribbling on my X45. I have tried everything. New needle, new heavier spring, even different carbs. Just won't stop dribbling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 99gsx ltd carb accelerator pump/ check valve where to buy?
    By wildcat530 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
  2. Accelerator pump check valve
    By djheils83 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 03:21 PM
  3. Looking For (2) one way syphon check valves
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Oil Injector check Valves
    By Redcrownline in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:17 AM
  5. OEM BILGE PUMP WITH ONE WAY CHECK VALVE
    By ABBOTT in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •