Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474

    C kit WTF happen

    I have seen my share of SC popping and tapping out but never seen this happen with no clutch or bearing failure .

    This is a C kit and machined it self about 2mm grove all round . Look at outer wheel ..

    also front nut was ok ... The SC had done 10 hours befor this happen , no water ingestion

    WTF???

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	354999
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	355000


  2. #2
    quiddo15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    752
    +1
    109
    Do you remember my ckit done a similar thing back in 2012, bearings, shaft washers were all good and the charger had less than 5hrs on it.

  3. #3
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Yeah , lucky not mine .... But I have a C kit in my big girl ...

  4. #4
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    Turbo it... Problem solved!


  5. #5
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    C-Kits r built so close blade to cover for MAX PERFORMANCE by the PUPPET MASTER as soon as bearings get any play to them normal or not u get blade wear immediately..........I had one of the first C kits way back when I ran it 30 minutes and it had an ever so slight towchdown as thats the way they r built to get everything and then some out of them............BET!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Turbo it... Problem solved!

    Iam hearing yah ... Lol

  7. #7
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    C-Kits r built so close blade to cover for MAX PERFORMANCE by the PUPPET MASTER as soon as bearings get any play to them normal or not u get blade wear immediately..........I had one of the first C kits way back when I ran it 30 minutes and it had an ever so slight towchdown as thats the way they r built to get everything and then some out of them............BET!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tight ok , no play at all in bearings ...

    every C kit I have seen has had a tap out ...

  8. #8
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    C-Kits r built so close blade to cover for MAX PERFORMANCE by the PUPPET MASTER as soon as bearings get any play to them normal or not u get blade wear immediately..........I had one of the first C kits way back when I ran it 30 minutes and it had an ever so slight towchdown as thats the way they r built to get everything and then some out of them............BET!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tight ok , no play at all in bearings ...

    every C kit I have seen has had a tap out ...
    that's because they cant take any extra bearing play or they r gone as soon as u get play...the bearings need changed more frequently in those units to avoid It becasue they are so close to start......when the PUPPET MASTER says RACE he means RACE..........PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

    p.s. as bad as that looks u could have drawn something into it as well
    & it chewed it and your wheel!

  9. #9
    If you take a closer look at the pictures you will see that is not a typical C kit touchdown, more than likely water got in the charger and if flexed the SC wheel.

  10. #10
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    If you take a closer look at the pictures you will see that is not a typical C kit touchdown, more than likely water got in the charger and if flexed the SC wheel.

    why I wrote the p.s. part.................BET!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. wtf happened?? can I save this engine??
    By vettez062002 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 01:51 PM
  2. Wtf happened to the forum
    By abracadabra in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
  3. WTF happened to this engine?
    By located_in_MI in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
  4. WTF happened to my 08 RXP
    By Knottyscotty in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
  5. WTF Happened to Ohio State tonight?!
    By RXP-REX in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •