Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there a night and day difference from 05 FX to 07 FXHO ?

Hey guys, im curious if theres a big difference in the speeds of the fx and fx ho. how bad would it look in a drag race ? im ready to pick a machine up this week and i found an 05 fx w/ 55 hours and an 07 fxho with 110 hours both are price the same for $5500. 05 is extremely clean kept by an older guy in a huge house with wife and kids. he doesnt even know what top speed is as hes never gone past 45 mph on it. please give me some insight

+1
    Both are very reliable skis. The FX HO is 20hp more and will respond better to mods. I've had both and the FXHO feels much more responsive. $550 is high for either ski though.

what should i be paying. these are the cheapest iv found in my area. i have found a couple cheaper but they seem beat w/ 200+ hours. i want clean and dont mind paying a little extra for clean but dont want to get screwed either

The FX HO will be 5-6 mph faster. I'd definitely go with the FX HO if everything else is equal. $5500 would be too high for the FX in my area, but OK for the FX HO if in really good shape.

Fx ho seems to be fair w/ 106 hrs. Some beaching marks on bottom. I will get a gp for speed next year so not too concerned with that. Just looking for a realiable head ache free summer right now

+1
    Loved my 04 FXHO. We sold it in TX a couple months ago for $5600. It was clean with 204 hrs. and a Riva Stage 1 kit on it. My nephew sold it and I was very surprised he got that much for it.

ill be driving to nc saterday to check it out and hopefully purchase the 07 fx ho. just a couple noob questions here ? 58ish stock on gps ? what should i see on dreemo meter ? also what are best trim settings for holeshot and the top speed ? can i launch with trim up or down and adjust on the fly under wot ? what should my first mods be and can i trust any waverunner dealer to install mods or should i learn to do myself ? would i see any gains just from an intake and possibly solas propeller . which one should i get ? do the aftermarket filters harm the motor as it seems theyd be a little close to water , hate to suck up water in the motor. thanks guys

+1
    My last FX HO showed 62-63 on the dash. I got best hole shot with bow down and best top speed with bow up.

Bow up I'm thinking trim down ?

Also what should I be doing as far as maintenance every time I pull out the water ? What needs to be lubed and done. Of course I will be washing,flushing , and waxing hull every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information