Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

1993 SL750; Shes alive!!! But....

Well, I got my 93 750 up but when I bought it the seller said it had better compression, currently the PTO and Mag are about 110 and the Cen is 115 (wtf?). Knowing that the now 20+ year old engine is shower her age, how can I keep her alive the longest? I am planning to rebuild, just not during the on season, or are those numbers acceptable? I did the fuel and oil lines all that is new, carbs rebuilt etc. Though I noticed another odd ball thing, the oil lines. Granted the oil lines are bare and now the bottle has 1QT of TCW-III oil but the oil is barely making it to the engine it's like stopped, anyways I can get it to the pump faster? I don't want to kill this 750. Maybe this other issue is a warning, but not sure for what, the basta*d SCREAMS, like it makes a hellish beep, like a chirp of a Sea-Doo when you push start w/o the key. On a better note, a little rough to start, but damn she just stays going.

Fun fact, every 3 cyl ski I've had now has injured a finger doing the spark plugs. Oh, joy. -_-
    Last edited by K447; 04-06-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    That compression isnt bad. If it runs ok i wouldnt worry. Run premix in the tank if you arent sure about the oiling. The lines will fill up on their own.

3. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post
    Well, I got my 93 750 up but when I bought it the seller said it had better compression, currently the PTO and Mag are about 110 and the Cen is 115 (wtf?). Knowing that the now 20+ year old engine is shower her age, how can I keep her alive the longest? I am planning to rebuild, just not during the on season, or are those numbers acceptable? I did the fuel and oil lines all that is new, carbs rebuilt etc. Though I noticed another odd ball thing, the oil lines. Granted the oil lines are bare and now the bottle has 1QT of TCW-III oil but the oil is barely making it to the engine it's like stopped, anyways I can get it to the pump faster? I don't want to kill this 750. Maybe this other issue is a warning, but not sure for what, the basta*d SCREAMS, like it makes a hellish beep, like a chirp of a Sea-Doo when you push start w/o the key. On a better note, a little rough to start, but damn she just stays going.

Fun fact, every 3 cyl ski I've had now has injured a finger doing the spark plugs. Oh, joy. -_-
    Explain this noise thing please.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    That compression isnt bad. If it runs ok i wouldnt worry. Run premix in the tank if you arent sure about the oiling. The lines will fill up on their own.
    Damn it, I just put straight up gas in there, not sure how much. I have 1 gal of premix and like 3ish (of non-premix)in the tank (I put the rest in my Doo). I guess I can pull the line off and suck it, did that with the gas. BLAH!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post

Explain this noise thing please.

You know the chirp noise that Sea-Doo makes? It's that same tone but it's a siren, no stop just a long BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. It's intermittent sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. Any idea what it could be?

Banned User
    +1
    The low oil/overheat buzzer.

9. +1 by:

+1
    The buzzer is located under the handlebar pad. How full is your oil tank? May need to add more. There is a bleed screw on the oil pump that can be loosened to get the oil to flow. If it is still resistant, you may want to replace your oil filter and check the operation of your oil tank vent valve.

11. +1 by:

+1
    I put 1 qt in the oil bottle, I have some old stuff that's blue, dono how old it is, it's from my late housemate (who's no longer on this earth) I used it for premix, boy did she smoke! I do see oil in the line but just takes forever to move. I'll look into adjusting the pump to get oil to the pump. I want to water test her, but if she's not pulling oil, I'm not risking it. As for the buzzer, I guess it's oil, unless these skis hate out of water operation for even 10 seconds. This is my first Polaris and I've already gathered they are a bit, well, bitchey.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Starting a cold PWC engine there is no worry with overheat on the trailer until you run it well beyond 20 seconds or so. Let it cool for a while between runs.

The electrical system on these machines is quite simple. The wiring diagrams have been posted. If the Low Oil warning sensor is sounding the alarm it is straightforward to verify.

14. +1 by:

+1
    Ok. As for the oil, like I said I see it in the lines, moving ever so slowly. Blue said about the adjustment screw, do I just losen it until oil is to the pump and then tighten it back? Then what battery group is this? I used my Sea-Doo's 16ext I think it is, it strated the ski and I was able to strap it in (with the plastic hat on too).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information