Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any testing on '12 FX hull with smaller nozzles??

Has anyone done any testing on the 2012+ FX hulls with smaller nozzles?

Was wondering why the FX comes with 87mm from factory and not the 83-85mm found on the FZ hulls.

Was thinking of going down to an 85mm for maybe some more mid.. Would it be worth it?

+1
    To get that big hull out of the hull

+1
    Probably to help process some of the flow with that HUGE azz tunnel..

I will be testing out an 88.5 nozz when doing the L13 install & tuning.

It's only 46 lbs heavier and like 4 inches longer

Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Probably to help process some of the flow with that HUGE azz tunnel..

I will be testing out an 88.5 nozz when doing the L13 install & tuning.
    88.5? That nozzle is going to be paper thin

+1
    It's thicker than you would think. Don't forsee any durability tuning issues, just gonna try it out as a tuning tool.

It's thicker than you would think. Don't forsee any durability tuning issues, just gonna try it out as a tuning tool.
    Cool.. Why r u going with 88.5?

I'm running the 87mm now with the L13

+1
    Think just as more of an experiment, because of having such a big tunnel. Also will be flapper boring a couple of oem steering nozzles for the diff exit nozzle test. I am gonna go all ocd and mark them into quadrants to bore each of the 4 "sides" exactly the same, then do a quick taper blend. Learned that maintaining the oval is super important (at least for me).

I ran the round R&D hydro nozzle, and IMO the steering feeling was not what I'm looking for. So with only 1 hour run time, I am gonna use the R&D as a sacrificial lamb & try to get the 4mm differential for oval (and still have enough metal left to be safe). I am only playing with the R&D to try & get the steering feel back by being Oval. Hopefully my plan works, so I can then mod the R&D drop nozzle I have sitting here to the same specs..
    Last edited by WP3223; 04-06-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Think just as more of an experiment, because of having such a big tunnel. Also will be flapper boring a couple of oem steering nozzles for the diff exit nozzle test. I am gonna go all ocd and mark them into quadrants to bore each of the 4 "sides" exactly the same, then do a quick taper blend. Learned that maintaining the oval is super important (at least for me).

I ran the round R&D hydro nozzle, and IMO the steering feeling was not what I'm looking for. So with only 1 hour run time, I am gonna use the R&D as a sacrificial lamb & try to get the 4mm differential for oval (and still have enough metal left to be safe). I am only playing with the R&D to hopefully get the steering feel back by being Oval. Hopefully my plan works, so I can then mod the R&D drop nozzle I have sitting here to the same specs..
    Damn nice, lots of testing... Have any tricks you've done to the hull that help mph??

+1
    Just Jim's plate & Leo's wedge - Both are da Bomb For speed & handling. With enough boost & Leo's wedge, it's AMAZING just how fun/playful the big ol FX is.. Running the 160 Solas at a 13/18, which is the hook up as well.

Will know better here in the next week or two if I'll be keeping my SHO, or picking up a 15' SVHO. (Just hooked on the RiDE system & trim) Will be doing the different nozzle combos w L13 & results soon after that..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information