+1

Vacum/boost sources on intake manifold

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0602[1].jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	355370

Put some plastic hose barb fittings into my manifold today but im not sure happy with the job. Used an epoxy glue to seal them in. Do you think this will be enough under boost? Ive also noticed a slight split between two of the drill holes prior to placing the fittings in. Ive covered the split with glue but again, im not sure this will be enough.

Any other alternatives?? Thought about fitting my own aluminium plate similar to an 'intercooler block off'.

If you're not convinced they're ok, then 99/100 times they're not.

Best way is to buy Riva IMUK kit, it drills out that whole circular plate, allows you to remove flame arrestor (no use, just restricts airflow) and provides a new end plate with brass fitting with bung (can be used as boost / vacuum reference).
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889

You don't want any boost leaks here or you're giving away hard earned and expensive boost!!

+1
    Yeah youre probably right....didnt want to buy that upgrade kit as i have already spent serious time pulling that flame arrestor out already.

+1
    You have used the nipples on the intake runners. All you have to do is drill a hole in them.

+1
    Two of the nipples are covered by the bosch ecu bracket. There doesnt appear much space to try and run hoses under it to connect to these nipples. The free one i can use but i dont really want to share three sources on the one nipple.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete1027 View Post
    Two of the nipples are covered by the bosch ecu bracket. There doesnt appear much space to try and run hoses under it to connect to these nipples. The free one i can use but i dont really want to share three sources on the one nipple.
    i agree using the one free on the front runner dose not work very well. I was skeptical but tried it anyway. The gauge bounces horrible. Every time that valve opens. R&D makes an adaptor plate for the factory pressure sensor but it's pricy. Can't help but think you could use a spacer on the air intake temp sensor with a spicket on it. Much easier to get to and easy to make. Temp sensor may read a deg or two cooler but that just going to result in more fuel so potential bonus.

+1
    Plenty of people here using the nipples coming off the intake runners, with no problems. You had to pull the manifold to put those nipples in right? Would have been very simple to just drill them and then add a hose. If you did not need the hose then just block it off. IMO, if you have splits in the plastic, then you probably have ruined that manifold. The only way now to save it is to get the Riva kit.

+1

Name:	DSC_0604.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	355462

Found a solution. Thanks boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete1027 View Post

Name:	DSC_0604.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	355462

Found a solution. Thanks boys.
    You should change that MATS sensor to the new one (blue), there's a service bulletin out for that.

Thread Information