Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile 50 lbs/hrs injectors the "Real story"

There have been a lot of talking in the board lately about how much more gas this injectors consume over the stock 38's and aftermarket 42's fuel injectors, well the "myth is over" gentlemans, yesterday i rode my FULL BLOWN stage 3 moded RXT along with a 100% stock 06' RXT and my neighbour famous 04' moded stage 2 RXP "Terminator", we fill up our skis gas tanks in the same gas station with premiun 93 octane fuel, we launched our skis from the same location and went for a long 3 + hours ride, the 3 skis were riden @ cruising speeds between 4 to 5 K rpms almost for the whole trip cause the water was verry choppy ok, now listen to this, when we returned to the shore i couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, my ski LCD was still showing (5) fuel bars while the 100% stock RXT was showing only (4) 1 less than my ski the moded stage 2 RXP was also showing (5) bars 1 less than the stock ski also i spent $40.00 bucks to fill up my gas tank so this mean that this 3 hours + ride cost me only $20.00 bucks in fuel, no to bad for a full blown ski, don't you think???? humm... i wonder if the Kawi 250X guys can say the same have as nice day all

Ray
    Last edited by GPR/STX-15F/RXT; 04-16-2007 at 06:24 AM.

Should have refilled after riding to get the gallons of fuel.

Ray, I am wondering if the lower difference in fuel consumption has to do with only riding between 4 and 5K? I would think at that RPM range it would not be so noticable. Now if there was a lot of hard riding with a bunch of WOT's, then I would think the results would not have been as good. Your testing does give some good evidence though. I had also noticed in my earlier stages of fuel controller tuning, that depending on how well the fuel controller was mapped, also had an impact on fuel usage. In some cases while trying to be on the conservative side of being more rich than lean, I had my tuning so rich that my oil smelled like gas Looks like that RXT of yours is ruling the area, good job...

+1
    Yep! Thats because the Riva ECU is mapped to run with 50 pound injectors. Doing it this way makes it fuel efficient. The additional fuel is there if needed if you add more boost later. Its not the same as if someone put 50 pound injectors without a fuel controller on a RR ECU or even stock ECU of which both are mapped to run with stock 38 # injectors making for a gas hog of a ski (a very rich running one too)
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 04-16-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Now go Ride It Like U Stole It and Report back

+1
    I agree with Ray

I have been surprized so far on the fuel mileage I have 50LB with a B-KIT and fuel controller but with stock ECU last time I rode I went 63 miles when I filled up I put in just short of 14 gallons now I did do quite a bid of riding at WOT and mostly around 6500 RPM`s, several guys have a long ride planned this wekend that I hope to make and this will be done mostly at crusing speed because of the distance, but so far I have been happy with the fuel milage so far

i dont have the 50's but i do have the 42's with a stage 3 sc and when i was stock WOT at 8200rpm i was going 63mph.... now i can go that same 63mph but at only 7000rpm......so now when i'm just crusin with friends on slower ski's i'm actually getting where were going using less full cause i'm not turning those fuel eating rpm's....... so in my understanding if you can turn even more rpm's and go faster, then when you feather back on the throttle your actually using less fuel then you were befor...... correct mke if i'm wrong

+1
    The bigger aftermarket intercoolers actually give you better fuel mileage while cruising

50lbs injectors with Rude or Les B-Kit SC with drink more fuel at WOT than 42lbs injectors with Riva S3 at WOT.

Good to hear that partial throttle cruising is good though.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yea of course that's how it works... only at CRUISING tho... you have to pull the throttle less and use less power now to go a cruising speed than you used to.

go WOT and you drink more fuel everytime you add HP... need fuel to make power... if only these RXPs could go faster without consuming more fuel at WOT... we'll get there eventually (hull mods)

HOWEVER, i am slightly alarmed at how many people are "cruising" with their highly modified machines, LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information