Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Cost to replace carbon ring

So I'm pretty sure my carbon ring is shot leaking a bit of water through it how much is the dealer going to try and Charge to fix ski is a 2012 gti 130 with only 33 hrs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosguru7 View Post
    So I'm pretty sure my carbon ring is shot leaking a bit of water through it how much is the dealer going to try and Charge to fix ski is a 2012 gti 130 with only 33 hrs
    Dealer $1000000 + Ass rape + Screwing something else up + Taking 3 weeks to do an hour's worth of work

You $30.....Complete kit with new seals and SS ring $60

Def do it yourself its not hard . The tool you need to do it is around 100 bucks on the GH store . I'm thinking you have an alinement issue if there's only 33hrs on the ski and the ring is leaking .

+1
    We rechecked it today I took the ski out for a few min with the seat off I didnt see any water comming from under the boot so this may not be it. I was only out for a few min but what ever the leak is was not hard enough the the bailer system couldnt keep up with it. When I got back in I noticed a broken peice of a clamp sitting in the bottom of the hull so I may have a loose hose I will have to inspect for that.

Damn 4skis, you have no love for the stealership!! LOL

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    1.5 hours at the going shop rate. The reason for the short failure has to be diagnosed and corrected, which likely means an engine alignment once the pump and shaft are out.

By the way, the carbone ring has a $79 list.

I figure you're average dealer is going to get around $350 out the door for that work..and they may or may not try to check engine alignment depending if they have parts changers or real techs there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shacho762 View Post
    Damn 4skis, you have no love for the stealership!! LOL
    If you only knew what I saw with my own eyes

Heres 2 examples

MY Ski After I bought it......discovered both starter bolts missing......was told it was traded in and their "Mechanics" went over it with a fine tooth comb before they put it up for sale

Friends ski.....A different dealership from where i bought mine......rebuilt his SC.....The retaining nut literally FELL off after 2 hours of use then wanted him to pay for the repairs....OH and it was going to be 6-7 weeks before theyd have it back to him.....Half way through july when it happened

+1 more

My favorite was when I had to get the output sleeve removed from my crank (didnt have the tool yet to do it myself) I watched a PWC "mechanic" try to get it off using a breakerbar and turning it the wrong Fing way then giving up and saying its on to tight......then me asking if he minded If I tried and it poping loose no problem when I turned it the other way.

I firmly believe only 2 people should own jetskis.......People that are capable or willing to learn to do it themselves or people with an abundance of money to burn....If youre neither you're screwed

bearing tool is 60-70 buks on ebay......Theres 2 types so make sure you get the right one.
    WSM Carbon ring complete Kit is 60 bucks On ebay........(let the shouting about OEM begin here)

+1
    Well update I didn't have the time this year to do if my self. Dropped at the dealer and to have two skis spring maintenance done and replace the Carbon ring on the one $1200 lol never again will they touch my skis.

Quote Originally Posted by 4skis View Post
    Dealer $1000000 + Ass rape + Screwing something else up + Taking 3 weeks to do an hour's worth of work

You $30.....Complete kit with new seals and SS ring $60
    +1 lol

+1
    Well update I didn't have the time this year to do if my self. Dropped at the dealer and to have two skis spring maintenance done and replace the Carbon ring on the one $1200 lol never again will they touch my skis.
    For 1200 hundred bucks I would have Driven to you from Virginia Changed oil, Spark plugs and carbon rings in both your skis then Got me a Condo for the week on the beach with the profit I would have made.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information