Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Required - Totally dry feet

Hi

My wife wishes to go on the jetski , but must not get her feet wet for medical reasons, especially in "dirty" lake water.

So , what can be used to keep her feet totally dry , esp whlst wading out to the ski or back to the shore?

Been looking at Dry Suitboots, but do they really keep your feet dry ? , so many makes and brands but no clear description if they keep the feet dry.

ta

Banned User
    +1
    What about rubber knee high or hip boots like fishermen use?

+1
    I don't know man...if it's a matter of keeping them dry for medical reasons I don't think it's a good idea to risk it. If she would be boarding the ski from a dock or something and the only water she would have to worry about is the water that gets in the footwells while riding the dry boot thing may work if they are truly dry boots and high enough. I don't have any experience with dry boots so I can't recommend any.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vifferrider View Post
    Hi

My wife wishes to go on the jetski , but must not get her feet wet for medical reasons, especially in "dirty" lake water.

So , what can be used to keep her feet totally dry , esp whlst wading out to the ski or back to the shore?

Been looking at Dry Suitboots, but do they really keep your feet dry ? , so many makes and brands but no clear description if they keep the feet dry.

ta
    There will always be a risk of falling off the watercraft or an unexpected sudden dismount or even rollover.

Even careful riding carries the real possibility, to some degree, of an unexpected wave, boat wake, hit a rock or lump of debris in the water, etc.

Just how critical is it that this person not come into contact with the water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    What about rubber knee high or hip boots like fishermen use?
    Please be careful with this. If you fall off wearing knee high boots or hip boots and then they fill up with water, you may not be able to stay afloat. It happens every year here on the Cape that someone drowns fishing like this... such a shame.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I don't think keeping the feet totally dry is possible. The minute they become sealed off in a "dry" enviornment, her sweat will make them wet. After a few hours, she'll prune as if she'd been soaking in the tub.

+1
    My ex gf used these for taking baths with a leg cast a few years back -

http://www.amazon.com/ORIGINAL-Banda...terproof+cover

They are decent quality/thickness of plastic & have a silicone seal at the top which works really well. They did the trick 100% at home, but as mentioned - you will still have to factor in any potential perspiration or condensation issues outdoors..

thanks for the replies - basically she will only be wearing them whilst "on the ski" , taking them off once back on dry land .

She has those latex "swimming socks" , but was looking for something more substantial so she can safely walk in them

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    thanks for the replies - basically she will only be wearing them whilst "on the ski" , taking them off once back on dry land .

She has those latex "swimming socks" , but was looking for something more substantial so she can safely walk in them
    Wear water shoes or PWC riding shoes over the swimming socks?

11. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Wear water shoes or PWC riding shoes over the swimming socks?

Sounds like a good solution to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information