Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo Battery - 2012 RXPX

Anyone had a battery to just die in like 3 days of sitting in the garage? I ask because last weekend I installed a fuel pressure regulator. After the install I cranked it, put it on the hose and set the regulator. Later I hooked up the vetch logger to look for the new logger functions (ignition etc). That was last Saturday April 4th. So all seemed well (and probably is). So just this past Friday I put the Battery Tender back on (had forgot it that Saturday after the work) and noticed yesterday that the Tender light was still red.
    So today when the Tender light was still red, I pressed the start button to check the gauge cluster and just a quick blip of power and it goes out. The battery seems to be toast.
    I will say I mistakenly left the data logger plugged up over the past week. I've always believed it pulls power when plugged up but not sure.

Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!

AGM by East Penn Manufacturing will be your new best friend. OEM lead acid is nasty and doesn't have the reliabillity or capabillity of stop start stop start. Been there, seen that, moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    AGM by East Penn Manufacturing will be your new best friend. OEM lead acid is nasty and doesn't have the reliabillity or capabillity of stop start stop start. Been there, seen that, moved on.
    So you've seen one be ok one day and three days later completely dead?

+1
    I've been running a small lithium ion ballistic battery with pretty good luck so far. Kind of expensive but only 2-3 lbs. it's one of those stupid things that probably isn't worth the weight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerdoo View Post
    Anyone had a battery to just die in like 3 days of sitting in the garage? I ask because last weekend I installed a fuel pressure regulator. After the install I cranked it, put it on the hose and set the regulator. Later I hooked up the vetch logger to look for the new logger functions (ignition etc). That was last Saturday April 4th. So all seemed well (and probably is). So just this past Friday I put the Battery Tender back on (had forgot it that Saturday after the work) and noticed yesterday that the Tender light was still red.
    So today when the Tender light was still red, I pressed the start button to check the gauge cluster and just a quick blip of power and it goes out. The battery seems to be toast.
    I will say I mistakenly left the data logger plugged up over the past week. I've always believed it pulls power when plugged up but not sure.

Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!
    Yes the data logger always consumes power when plugged in. That battery is probably toast now since it drained all the way. You want a Deka AGM battery made by East Penn Manufacturing, I will be actually heading to there manufacturing facility to pick mine up next week. I live about 30 minutes from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post

Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!
    Yes the data logger always consumes power when plugged in. That battery is probably toast now since it drained all the way. You want a Deka AGM battery made by East Penn Manufacturing, I will be actually heading to there manufacturing facility to pick mine up next week. I live about 30 minutes from the factory.
    Ok, thanks for the confirmation on the data logger. Pulling the battery now. I'll look for the Deka AGM battery.

+1
    So you've seen one be ok one day and three days later completely dead?
    I have, it happened to me when I had a 2010 GTX iS 215.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Joe View Post

Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!
    Ok, thanks for the confirmation on the data logger. Pulling the battery now. I'll look for the Deka AGM battery.
    1. www.advanceauto.com
    2. Search for TX30LXA.
    3. Use coupon code TRT30.
    4. Select "In-Store Pick Up" and your local store.
    5. Go get your new AGM battery.

8. +1 by:

Make sure the model number ends in 'A'. This means it comes with a 1" adaptor plate to make it fit 100% neat n tight in the holder.

Make sure the model number ends in 'A'. This means it comes with a 1" adaptor plate to make it fit 100% neat n tight in the holder.
    . Wow! Thank you all for be great info. Is that one an East Penn also?

+1
    . Wow! Thank you all for be great info. Is that one an East Penn also?
    AGMs from Advance Auto are made by East Penn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information