Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Getting my 2002 Virage ready for summer And!

Started my 2002 Polaris virage, didn't want to fire at first, then it started, smoking from the fogging this past winter, ran kind of rough, then started idling, took it slow, then got it up to 40, heard a miss, then it died, re started and it ran a bit, didn't want to accelerate, died, then it wouldn't fire at all, managed to get it back close to ramp, took the plugs out, they were black with carbon, the plugs looked great, when I winterized it last Oct, so that's why I didn't replace them, bought new plugs, the correct NGK, installed them, it started, let it run good 10 minutes on the trailer, would accelerate, but didn't go to high, took it back out, made some circles, then started to go faster, it would miss, then die, re started, but would die, then wouldn't fire at all? Hadn't looked at new plugs, to see if their carboned up, but my suspicion says yes? Can fogging do that? Do I just need to clean plugs, and keep driving it? The ski ran perfect, last time I rode it in Oct.

Banned User
    +1
    Have you ever checked fuel pressure? I had really black plugs after installing the Kawi inline regulator, and getting 36 PSI fuel pressure.

Fuel pump is 2 yrs old, the guy who worked on it last spring, think he wrote down 20 or 25 psi on it, when he diagnosed it lasy year.

Banned User
    +1
    It could be 2 days old and drop the regulator. Thats the first place I would look.

Ugh, that fuel tank is not in a convenient place. I take it, the regulator is inside the tank?

Banned User
    +1
    regulator is inside the fuel pump body. You can check fuel pressure with a gauge at the T in the return fuel line.

I take it, an automotive fuel pressure gauge would work? Curious if you can rent them from Orielleys?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by elk river rascal View Post
    I take it, an automotive fuel pressure gauge would work? Curious if you can rent them from Orielleys?
    I bought one from Advance Auto for less than 50 bucks. Works well. Now I have one if I ever need one for a car too.

Will check fuel pressure next weekend, ugh, really thought I had all the bugs worked out, it ran so well last year, guess that's life, thanks

Been reading other Greenhulk post' After the motor died, did get red light, think it was during re start, or was it possible, just saying battery getting low? I never got any check engine indicator, if it is the pressure regulator? I would go the Kawi part 161162, instead of removing fuel pump. I wish I was more keen to repairs!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information