+1

The Dead 93 SL750

Hello all,

I know I have a seperate thread going about my not dead 750, but pending parts I'm trying to focus some love on my OTHER one, I got the two skis for $200 one running-ish, the other seized, or so the seller said. I've been poking around thinking what to do with it, I mean, it's seized. I figured I'll pull the motor and inspect it. I did notice it looked like the oil line was kinked and I'm guess it had oil deprivation and since killed it. But, I'm not 100% sure, and even if it's the jet pumped seized I'm thinking about refreshing her. It's in better shape than that other one.

Thinking I have a seized engine that is 21 years old I figured even if it's not dead, hell I have a Sea-Doo and another 750 might as well make this a lil badass 750. What should I be looking for when I yank the motor? If it is seized, what should I be looking for when I tear down? And even if the engine isn't seized, I rounded a nut on the carb so I gotta pull the motor out to get the carbs done, damn it.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post
    Hello all,

I know I have a seperate thread going about my not dead 750, but pending parts I'm trying to focus some love on my OTHER one, I got the two skis for $200 one running-ish, the other seized, or so the seller said. I've been poking around thinking what to do with it, I mean, it's seized. I figured I'll pull the motor and inspect it. I did notice it looked like the oil line was kinked and I'm guess it had oil deprivation and since killed it. But, I'm not 100% sure, and even if it's the jet pumped seized I'm thinking about refreshing her. It's in better shape than that other one.

Thinking I have a seized engine that is 21 years old I figured even if it's not dead, hell I have a Sea-Doo and another 750 might as well make this a lil badass 750. What should I be looking for when I yank the motor? If it is seized, what should I be looking for when I tear down? And even if the engine isn't seized, I rounded a nut on the carb so I gotta pull the motor out to get the carbs done, damn it.
    You'll know when you get it apart. Take some pictures of the damage areas. It's easier to pull the top end off in the ski that way it is secure and not flopping around on you.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Please keep your questions in the same post, The projects section is getting quite sloppy with everyone started a new thread for every little question. We come to this section to follow peoples projects and progression. Thanks!

Thread Information