Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

How is GTI De-tuned? GTI vs VX110

I've gotten my dad hooked on getting a ski. I've taken him for rides on mine in the past, nothing crazy. Few weeks ago i asked him if he was interested in an all-day trip with me and a friend up the hudson river and back for 200 miles... told him it MIGHT be rough, will be cold, and will be few tanks of gas... i told him he would even get a ski to himself and not have to ride passenger. (he rode my buddies 04 SC)

longs story short, Dad hasn't stopped talking about the jetski ride since that day. He wants one for him and mom, something to leave around the house in case my otehr 2 brothers or sis-in-law wanna ride, etc... he's is NOT looking for a brand new RXT or anything.... money is an issue for him, hard to explain and understand... but he doesn't have alot to burn on a ski...

was tryin to find a killer deal on used skis for him, but i was like dad if u get a used ski chances are u got no warranty, u don't know if the motor will need a rebuild, etc etc.... so i explained he needs a 4-stroke.

the 06 GTI is a perfect price and it's new.. so no worries about reliability and such.. was wonderin where seadoo stole the missing 25 HP from? how can u bump it back to the 155 HP?

anyone know ANYTHING about the yamaha VX110 or whatever it's called...

+1
    You had a great ski for him. and it was a great deal.
    2001 RXDI?

I bet your dad enjoyed just being there with you and thought if it would give him more time with his son, then heck I need to get one.

My oldest is 15 and I seak every little ounce of time I can get with him and it is hard. I could only imagine him being in college.

Take advantage of it and don't forget mom.

+1
    RXDI is a great ski no doubt... not what he's looking for... he's hovering between a jetboat or a ski... mom would like the boat more..

we grew up having boats. we had a 22' cabin cruiser, then a 33' sport cruiser that we used to go out and sleep on every weekend. big finance changes for dad caused us to sell everything...

so RXDI has power and it WAS a great deal, but they are lookin more so for a 3-seater... hell, they would probably like the LRV or SUV 4-seater

he's so used to my RXT and rode that 04 SC on that trip, and right away stopped and said to me "yours has ALOT moer power" ... yet he sits and tells me he doens't need anything fast or expensive, HA... he likes speed, he jsut dont wanna admit it. he ordered our 33 foot boat with an engine setup they never did before and we had the 33 foot luxury boat doing 56-58.

still lookin around... me and dad are workin alot of sidejobs on the weekends so he can raise money for the ski. i don't know if the GTI will have enough balls to it... and when 2-3 people are piled on it it'll be a turd probably

+1
    Yea, heck you can fix a RXT if it has a sc issue, so just buy him one of those used. He would like it better.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Shibby does make a good point over all. What did they do with the missing 15 hp? Sounds like an extra selling point for the GTX NA for seadoo. BS if you ask me. I bet thats the reason though. Good chance it's not that hard to get the new GTI up to 155hp like the GTX NA.

+1
    that's what i'm sayin... i mean why go thru the R&D of makin yet another 4tec motor, but SLOWER the 155 NA GTX does a solid 58mph on GPS... that same motor in the GTI would probably hit 60 mph...

they've got such a dumjb line-up if you ask me... way too many different models that are virtually the same exccept for 3 mph increments and 25 hp increments about...

get rid of the GTX.... and put the 155HP GTI in it's place... or to make the 3-seater RXT even faster, put the SCIC in the GTI hull from the factory.

wish you could order a ski like a car.... pick your motor, pick your colors, pick your hull style, pick ur accessories like pylons and wake board racks, and BAM... got your perfect combo to meet each persons needs

2nite at dinner was showing my dad all the diff skis... and his comment was yea it kinda sucked when you and Vic went fast on your RXT and i couldn't catch up on the ski he was riding... yet he "doesn't need to go that fast" he claims

i would love to find him a cheap 05 sportster SCIC.. he'd have alot of fun with that little boat

Shibbs: That would be a great little boat for your mom and pop!

The GTX hull is a good hull design for BRP, I doubt they would give that up...PR...

What do you want to know about the VX110? Me and my family have one. My father is very stingy on cash too, even though he doesn't need to be.

I was going to list the specs, but the link to the website would be more useful. So far we've had absolutely 0 problems with it what-so-ever. It isn't the fastest ski, but it will get you to where you are going no matter what. The only problem we've had with ours is that it tends to overheat after about 45 minutes after my brother and I are on it... mostly due to the fact that we ride it like we stole it. The ski tops out at 56-67 mph on the speedometer, but realistically it's a few less. The handling is pretty good, Yamaha has a habit of making some good hulls. It's funny about gas though. I really don't know what the range is on the fuel tank, but after about an 1 hour to an 1 hour 15 minutes of wide open throttle, it's beeping at you to give it more fuel.

All in all, it's a great ski. My father is actually looking to trade it in for more power when the 2006s come out. Probably the high output model, but by the time he gets it I'll probably have my own ski anyways.

Oh, and here is the link for the deluxe model: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...4/0/specs.aspx

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Rocket have you decided on a ski yet? I mean it's kinda going to be a dissapointment if you don't get 4 tec based ski since you've become one of the only outstanding female members of the forum. We'd hate to see you go elsewhere. You're very intelligent and well eductated so far in the seadoo world.

Lol, I'm not going to be making any kind of decent money until late May. My deposit probably won't go down until June. It will be nice to find a leftover ski by then, but I'm not going to dump over half of my savings account currently on a toy. I currently have the money to buy one, but not maintain it.

So far, Honda and Sea Doo are the primary ones I'm looking at, with the GPR bringing in a close second.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information