Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Va Tech

Va Tech

We don't have anyone on here who goes there do we? Students or professors?

I work with middle school, high school, and college students in Richmond, VA, and have several former students who are VT. I've heard from all of them except two and pray they are okay. One of my former volunteers teaches at VT on Tuesdays in the classroom that the shootings took place in. He's shook up from the thought that this could have happened to him. Please keep all of those impacted in your prayers. Thanks.

My cousin was in the dorm where the shooting first took place. Luckily it was on the second floor and my cousin lives on the seventh. I tried contacting him for what seemed like forever today and I couldn't get through. He called my mom to let the Michigan relatives know he was ok. Luckily my cousin was not in class at the engineering building because he has most of his classes there. Thank God.

Being a college student at Michigan State, this really hit home. Just last Thursday night a drunk kid set off a pipe bomb in his dorm room, which is in the same hall as me. It was the loudest explosion I have ever heard, I can't even begin to explain it to you guys. A bomb squad came in the next day and determined that the setup of the bomb was very similar to those being used by insurgents in Iraq to blow up Hum-V's. The kid has been kicked out of my complex, but I don't know what the rest of his punishment will be. Hopefully very harsh.

I just don't understand how the world works sometimes, and what drives people to do what they do.

A very sad day! since I`ve been home due to the weather today, I`ve been watching it on the news. They don`t have much details yet, don`t know if the shooter killed himself or the police did it... such a shame, many innocent lives ...PR...

I am 30 min. away. I hope It is no one that I know. Been a very sad day.

+1
    Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their Families.

Blacksburg is a small collage town. With small town values, this will haunt us and them for years to come. I cannot get a hold of several of my VT freinds. As Cell and land phones are very busy right now.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    man that is just crazyness

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    A very sad day! since I`ve been home due to the weather today, I`ve been watching it on the news. They don`t have much details yet, don`t know if the shooter killed himself or the police did it... such a shame, many innocent lives ...PR...
    from what I've heard and also seen on cnn they said they believe the shooter killed himself and the death count is currently as 33 including the shooter.

33 Dead and 19 injred, still not confirmed if the shooter shot himself or if the police did.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information