Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y (South Shore)
    Posts
    60
    +1
    3

    Stayed up all night, I think I have decided

    I literally couldn't fall asleep last night.. even in my dreams, it was all about being on the water.. anyways ever since I was around 11 years old, I went on my first PWC and I never stopped wanting one. I'm now 26, and I am ready to get my first SKI!

    After doing some hours of research and looking around these forums, I am deciding to go with a 2014 RXTX 260.

    I'm going with a 2014 to save some extra cash. It seems like, a local dealer may have one in stock (according to website)

    I picked this one as it seems to fit my wants/needs

    I just have a few questions regarding this PWC, and general questions; hopefully some may be able to answer.

    1) What would be a fair price to pay for the ski itself? (NY)
    2) Anything I should know about this ski? minor/major problems
    3) What are some things I should look for when buying my first ski?
    4) What should I try to get with the ski (haggling with dealer) , besides a trailer?

    That's all for now, I emailed the dealer last night and waiting for a response back.

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    476
    do you plan to tow with your PWC
    all pwc's need a fire extinguisher and a good PFD (life jacket)
    the motor is a well proven work horse
    your most likely problem will be with the IBR system
    it is a sweet system, but complicated with lots of moving parts
    so it is most likely to be the first thing to malfuction

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y (South Shore)
    Posts
    60
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    do you plan to tow with your PWC
    all pwc's need a fire extinguisher and a good PFD (life jacket)

    I do plan on doing some towing with the family, should I be looking for them to throw in a tube

    I'll add those two items to my lists of things, along with a cover.

    Thank You

  4. #4
    Tbranella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Galloway Twp. NJ
    Posts
    571
    +1
    71
    is the RXT-X a leftover? or is it used?

    I paid $12,500.00 for my leftover 2013 RXT-X 260 with a 3 year SeaDoo warranty.

  5. #5
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    476
    yes the rxtx is a great tow boat
    IMO get a 2 place trailer when buying a new one
    yes its a lot bigger, but they hold their value better than a single place
    and that way you can pick up another ski some day
    a pwc anchor is nice to have to keep the ski off the beach
    and a bumper for tying it to the dock
    the quick tying system brp sells is ok if you tie to a dock a lot

  6. #6
    Good Choice! You will be happy with your new ski! I own 2014 RXPX! I'm at 148+ hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! My ski has Stage 1 upgrade on it! I had a little steering is off by dealer fixed it for free. I think 2014 they improve the intercooler because I am at 148hrs with no leaks! (Stock) I have been changing oil, filter, and spark plugs every 25hrs. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger but I finally took the risk and haven't regretted it yet. Love it so far. She is badass machine! Hang on TIGHT when you are on sport mode and race settings! She turns like dime!

    Here's my 100hrs 2014 RXPX260 Review! :
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222793
    GoPro Edit of me Riding from Summer 2014! :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvedpubTj9k

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y (South Shore)
    Posts
    60
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    is the RXT-X a leftover? or is it used?

    I paid $12,500.00 for my leftover 2013 RXT-X 260 with a 3 year SeaDoo warranty.

    Yes, it is a leftover. The site is showing price as $12,599

    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    do you plan to tow with your PWC
    all pwc's need a fire extinguisher and a good PFD (life jacket)
    the motor is a well proven work horse
    your most likely problem will be with the IBR system
    it is a sweet system, but complicated with lots of moving parts
    so it is most likely to be the first thing to malfuction
    Good to know, thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcd View Post
    Good Choice! You will be happy with your new ski! I own 2014 RXPX! I'm at 148+ hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! My ski has Stage 1 upgrade on it! I had a little steering is off by dealer fixed it for free. I think 2014 they improve the intercooler because I am at 148hrs with no leaks! (Stock) I have been changing oil, filter, and spark plugs every 25hrs. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger but I finally took the risk and haven't regretted it yet. Love it so far. She is badass machine! Hang on TIGHT when you are on sport mode and race settings! She turns like dime!

    Here's my 100hrs 2014 RXPX260 Review! :
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222793
    GoPro Edit of me Riding from Summer 2014! :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvedpubTj9k

    I do plan on keeping it stock for quite a while, maybe forever. I don't really like doing anything aftermarket with it comes to expensive toys

    Oh, and I watched your videos last night lol even the buying one haha


    Thanks for this!

  8. +1 by:


  9. #8
    Tbranella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Galloway Twp. NJ
    Posts
    571
    +1
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by xewkija631 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    is the RXT-X a leftover? or is it used?

    I paid $12,500.00 for my leftover 2013 RXT-X 260 with a 3 year SeaDoo warranty.

    Yes, it is a leftover. The site is showing price as $12,599

    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    do you plan to tow with your PWC
    all pwc's need a fire extinguisher and a good PFD (life jacket)
    the motor is a well proven work horse
    your most likely problem will be with the IBR system
    it is a sweet system, but complicated with lots of moving parts
    so it is most likely to be the first thing to malfuction
    Good to know, thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcd View Post
    Good Choice! You will be happy with your new ski! I own 2014 RXPX! I'm at 148+ hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! My ski has Stage 1 upgrade on it! I had a little steering is off by dealer fixed it for free. I think 2014 they improve the intercooler because I am at 148hrs with no leaks! (Stock) I have been changing oil, filter, and spark plugs every 25hrs. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger but I finally took the risk and haven't regretted it yet. Love it so far. She is badass machine! Hang on TIGHT when you are on sport mode and race settings! She turns like dime!

    Here's my 100hrs 2014 RXPX260 Review! :
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222793
    GoPro Edit of me Riding from Summer 2014! :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvedpubTj9k

    I do plan on keeping it stock for quite a while, maybe forever. I don't really like doing anything aftermarket with it comes to expensive toys

    Oh, and I watched your videos last night lol even the buying one haha


    Thanks for this!

    get it ... you won't be sorry!

    I LOVE my '13 RXT-X 260.. the thing is amazing!


  10. #9
    infamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,036
    +1
    336
    Make sure to get extended warranty whether you have to pay for it or they throw it in as part of the deal. Where in NY are ya?

  11. #10
    anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waterbury, CT
    Posts
    540
    +1
    79
    Picked up a 14 t-x in July of 14 for 12,400 plus tax, that price included a total of 4 years of warranty.

    You'll love it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Think you have seen it all?
    By WFO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 07:51 PM
  2. All of a sudden I have 8100 RPM
    By sr71bb in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 01:01 PM
  3. Think your having a bad day on the forums?
    By Insanediego Joe in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 11:19 PM
  4. I think I have found the sequel to OPAS....
    By boataddict in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 09:22 PM
  5. HELP...I think I have a serious problem with the OPAS Blocks
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •