Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Spark show us the way to 2016...

Will spark be pionner for the next big brother line?
    1)it has 4 engine mounts instead of 3
    2)ace has 2 camshaft
    3)there is no carbon ring...

+1
    Still a pos slow ski. IMO. Also lots of talk of them breaking that plastic hull when you land ass first when jumping... Hopefully showing the way of what not to buy or build

+1
    The Spark is a great concept. Improved upon over the next few years, I think it will be a winner. Who doesn't love the idea of a brand new ski for $5000 ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    The Spark is a great concept. Improved upon over the next few years, I think it will be a winner. Who doesn't love the idea of a brand new ski for $5000 ?
    The more it's improved upon the more it wont be $5000. Double edged sword.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    Still a pos slow ski. IMO. Also lots of talk of them breaking that plastic hull when you land ass first when jumping... Hopefully showing the way of what not to buy or build
    In very extreme circumstances which 95% of Spark riders will never encounter. I've had both...The gus guzzling, supercharger needing being rebuilt every 100 hours big skis can't even jump and spin like the Spark...yeah...those are so much better. "Lots of talk"... You're speaking from ignorance and not experience...Even the guys that have cracked the rear (easy fix) when doing massive wave jumping in the ocean still have zero complaints about it and still LOVE their Sparks more than their big skis...and this is why!

You want to mention "lots of talk"...how about all the big fast skis that have had carbon seals fail with minimal hours on a ski? How many big fast skis have needed shaft alignment right out of the factory? It has the same weight/power ration as a RXPX and filling up the tank for around $12 of 89 octane is a real drag too...and having that tank of gas last two+ outings is a super bummer.

It's all good but I think it's unfair to call the Spark a pos.

Do I miss my ""big fast ski"? Sure...do I miss it when I'm out riding my Spark? Not a chance.
    Last edited by Q in Arizona; 04-15-2015 at 12:35 PM.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Based on Seadoo's goal of reaching budget conscious PWC buyers, I think you will be surprised that, if continued, it will still remain significantly lower priced than it's big brothers. That is the draw.

+1
    Based on Seadoo's goal of reaching budget conscious PWC buyers, I think you will be surprised that, if continued, it will still remain significantly lower priced than it's big brothers. That is the draw.
    Yeah it HAS to stay in the lowest priced realm of things for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmorningstar_rxp View Post
    In very extreme circumstances which 95% of Spark riders will never encounter. I've had both...The gus guzzling, supercharger needing being rebuilt every 100 hours big skis can't even jump and spin like the Spark...yeah...those are so much better. "Lots of talk"... You're speaking from ignorance and not experience...Even the guys that have cracked the rear (easy fix) when doing massive wave jumping in the ocean still have zero complaints about it and still LOVE their Sparks more than their big skis...and this is why! Filling up the tank for around $12 of 89 octane is a real drag too...and having that tank of gas last two+ outings is a super bummer.

Do I miss my ""big fast ski"? Sure...do I miss it when I'm out riding my Spark? Not a chance.
    +1 on that statement. I have a Spark and a stock 2013 RXT-X 260 and I prefer to ride the Spark majority of the time. Sure its fun to do some full throttle blast with the T-X but I would rather be playing around on the Spark.

The lakes I ride on there aren't really any people who race and I don't have the money or time to compete with all the competition in the Tampa/Clearwater area at Lake Tarpon or the intercoastal. So I would rather be playing around on the Spark.

Also its nice paying 1/3 of the cost of gas to fill up the Spark compared to the T-X.

10. +1 by:

+1
    I was meant about 3 parts that spark pionner the improvement on the new rumored sea doo models in 2016(what we would like to see except risin horsepower(315-360hp)

+1
    I've ridden both. And I hated the spark. Seat sucks. Has crap for power. And funny how everyone claims 5k.... Cause by the time your out the door and of course the warranty you'll need... It's an 8/9k ski.... I will ride big muscle crafts all day. Let me see you ride that little narrow seat the same mileage as my bigger ski... I'll have the hemroid cream in my storage... Which sparks pay extra for... Oh yea and the reverse... Good concept for people who don't know much and think that's a good deal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information