Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Guy doing some upgrades. NEED ADVICE

Hi All!

I have a 2013 Sea Doo RXP X 260 with 13 hours on it. I just found out the Intercooler shit the bed and have to replace it. I bought the Riva Gen 3 Power Cooler and the upgraded hose kit. Hopefully this cures the issues in the future. I also got the SCOM to have installed along with a new impeller which was the RIVA/Solas Sea-Doo Concord 15/22R Impeller. Question is with a stock ski, does the impeller make a major difference in the performance? Is there anything else I need to do with this impeller so I don't cause any issue moving forward? I also got the Aquavein intake grate for the ski as well. Thanks and glad to be in the forum!

+1
    Using the search function on this great forum you would have found the SCOM is a piece of junk and does not remove any limiter except the GPS. You will still be banging up against the 8040 rpm limit and torque limit. Save your self $200 and put that money toward an ECU reflash or replacement.

Yes, the Solas impeller is better than stock due to the root angle of the blades. 15/22 will be a little tall for your current mods, but will keep you below 8000 rpm.

3. +1 by:

OK thanks! Ill return the SCOM, what else could I do that would make some reasonable improvements on a budget?

+1
    I agree with the above, the money on the scom would have been better spent towards a reflash. The solas is a better prop but you will find for your mods the 15/22 will feel sluggish down low and in the mid range.

A flash is the best bang for the buck, you already have a great intercooler, i would work on getting an intake, and intake grate as well.

Which impeller would I need for more power on takeoff?

+1
    a 15/19 would be the prop i would use for your ski.

+1
    See post #9 here as an example of this subject from 2011, it is an old topic:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=172185

Improvements on a budget……you are on track now 1. 4" air, 2. Intake grate, 3. Solas impeller. You will see better hole shot and acceleration up to 8040 rpm. You won't go past the 8040 rpm limit, GPS limit, or boost limits until you replace the ECU or have it re-flashed. Once you go this route it requires several other supporting mods and smart planning.

Whats your opinion on the waterbox?

+1
    That prop is waaaaaaay to steep for your setup and yes like Jpt7779 said get a reflash.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information