Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Question Ultra 150 /STXR what is the ID of the rear water bypass outlet fittings

Going to do the triple pissers mod. What size is the orifice in the OEM rear outlet fittings? Im trying to determine what size to reduce the ID in the straight head fittings for the middle & rear cylinders. There are so many articles about the triple pisser mod, but ive yet to come across one that states the actual dimension to reduce them to?

Also, has anyone used straight outlet fittings? Anything wrong with spraying it straight out?

+1
    Ive read that, there are no definite dimensional for the orifices in that thread. I did find a thread on ultra150yuku that mentioned 3.5mm (.137) ID at the OEM brass elbow fittings, and then i found another that mentioned 5/32 (.156). Other threads also say the stock rear outlets are restricted, this is the dimension im looking for.

+1
    Pull your pump and run some drill bits up and find the size. I thought it was 3/8 th but been a while

+1
    I forgot, I've got an Ultra engine apart in my shop. I'll measure them tonight.

Like i have said before with the tripple pisser kit includes 3 of the same size outlets on the head. Take your fittings out and measure them. The outlets on the outside of the ski do not matter. If you really wanted to you could pull the hoses off the heads and run them like that. Aslong as the id of the fitting on the head you will have no issue

Johnny it is 3/8ths

+1
    I measured the outlets of all 3 elbows, the ID was 0.150". However, I did not remove the fittings to measure the end that screws into the head. I could look down through the water jacket at them, they appeared the same, but it was hard to tell.

I did look up the part numbers for the fittings and the front fitting has a different part number from the center and rear (which are the same). Must be a difference but I'm not sure what it is.

The difference is the size of the hose that connects to the front fitting

+1
    I stuck a small screwdriver in the rear OEM outlet fittings, and it doesnt seem to have any restriction in there, feels wide open. Ive read so many articles saying there is a restriction in the rear outlet fittings So the ID in the head fittings are all that matters as turboman said, which all happen to be the same size .150" as steve45 said... A thread from ultra150.yuku said 5/32 (.156) which is close enough

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information