Starting to get pumped up

Well I found a sweet running low hours 2004 fx cruiser for a good price. It went out for a couple of rides on the river and made me smile. She runs pretty good and no 2 stroke nose and eye burn. I am just waiting for Handyman to clear his plate so I can drag it and the SUV up to Jacksonville and have Daniel work his magic. I am so damn busy at work I figure I will let him go at it. That way when I get some free time it can be spent productively, putting some fish on the table. When he is done I will have some pretty cherry left over parts if anyone wants to help pay for my new old fishing machine. I have been thinking about maybe putting an electric troller on the back for running the weed lines anybody ever done this?

update

Damn I love that 4 stroke motor!!! Handyman Dan did a very clean install on my ski. I have had it out a couple of times since he finished. Went out today on a scallop scouting trip (any excuse to be out on the water). It was hot out there no wind, about 97ish, 1 foot or less with about a 6 second period, like a glass of water. Tough fishing only a couple of Spanish macks. I did not miss the smoke from the old engine at all. To anyone that is considering an update on their SUV I have but one question - what are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by offcourse2 View Post
    Damn I love that 4 stroke motor!!! Handyman Dan did a very clean install on my ski. I have had it out a couple of times since he finished. Went out today on a scallop scouting trip (any excuse to be out on the water). It was hot out there no wind, about 97ish, 1 foot or less with about a 6 second period, like a glass of water. Tough fishing only a couple of Spanish macks. I did not miss the smoke from the old engine at all. To anyone that is considering an update on their SUV I have but one question - what are you waiting for?
    I would love to have this done. There is nothing ninja about my SUV currently and even at 10mph it makes so much noise that everyone in the marina looks at me like I'm racing.

Unfortunately I've dropped too much on it already that switching engines will have to wait until the judging wife eyes simmer down lol.

Thread Information