2004 Gp1300r won't start after rebuild

I am new to the forum and read a lot of useful info on this forum.so here I go. I just purchased a 2004 Yamaha gp1300r. I rebuilt the motor with a new wsm crankshaft and wiseco pistons. Also all new gaskets. New fuel injectors and fuel pump. I installed the motor last night and go to start it and it won't run. I checked the spark and it's good on all three cylinders. Fuel pump pressure is fine . Pulled the spark plugs and no smell of fuel in cylinders at all. Checked the voltage on the injectors and I am getting around 10.0. while cranking the battery it is around 12 volts. Is there anything that anyone can help me with or maybe I can do another check besides what I have done. Seems like the injectors are not opening up and supplying fuel to cylinders. I did check all connections and they are good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

+1
    How long was the ski sitting before you rebuilt it? Did you have the injectors cleaned and spray-tested?

+1
    I would double check all connectors. Make sure all the grounds are attached. If I found nothing I would then check injector pulse with a noid light. If I had injector pulse I would then pull the injectors and have them cleaned and flowed at injector rehab. I've heard of guys pulling the fuel rail with the injectors and watching the spray pattern while cranking... just be careful if you do that, it's a fire hazard and the injectors need to be retained in the fuel rail. I think others have used zip ties. Are you sure there was a keyway in the crank snout when you installed the flywheel? Sounds like an injector or injector driver issue from what you describe though. You can also check for diagnostic codes through the cluster.

Sorry I just posted another thread didn't realize this one went through.i didn't see it posted. So if you see another I apologize. I did make sure the key way was in properly. I did install new injectors but did not do a test on them. I will do that tonight when I get home from work . I did check diagnostic codes only one came up was 01 which is normal. The jet ski sat for 6 years I got it from a guy in Virginia. He said his son just didn't take care of it and he let them set without any maintenance or winterizing. The crankshaft was locked up but no damage to cylinders. That's why I decided to do the rebuild. I will check all the things mentioned and get back to you guys. Thanks again for the help.

+1
    Two more things to check... if you have no injector pulse, make sure the TP sensor on the throttle body is adjusted right. Also make sure the throttle is closed. I believe the computer shuts down the fuel injectors if it sees a voltage over 4 volts from the TP sensor. Not sure on this but its how most car EFI systems work. This is to clear a flooded engine by holding the throttle wide open. Closed TP voltage should be .80-.81 volts if I'm not mistaken. Even though there were no codes, make sure the TP is plugged in all the way too. Make sure the small ground wire to the front of the head is attached as well.
    Last edited by Prism; 04-16-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Ok thanks for the info. I am borrowing a friends noid this weekend. I will also check the other things you mentioned. Thanks again for your help.

So tonight I removed the injectors and rail. I applied 45 lbs of air pressure to the rail because these are new injectors. I applied voltage to each injector and only one injector opened up. So I cleaned the old ones and replaced them for now and now they all three opened up. So I did the test with the noid light and I had pulse at the plugs so no problem there.So I assembled everything back together and first turn it started. I guess I thought because they were new that they were good injectors. So I will be sending them back. I definitely learned a good lesson to test everything wether they are new or not before you assemble.
    i really appreciate all the help from prism and boudin. Thanks again guys

+1
    There is a place that is local to me here in Houston, but takes orders from all over the US. https://www.injectorrx.com/. They clean the injectors and also give you a before/after spray test result. They've always done good for me.

-Greg

Thread Information