Thread: just to say hi

just to say hi

well after reading this site for a few hours just wanted to know if any one has a owners manual for a polaries 780 jetski? please just got a secondhand one and no fuel is geting through helppp

Welcome to the HULK.

You fuel issue could be several things. Bad ON/Off valve, hoses in sending unit, bad fuel hoses, clogged water seperator. A stuck valve in the tank causing a large vaccume that will not allow the fuel to be pulled out of the tank. I would look at the ON/Off valve, and also replace all of the fuel hoses.

R

Welcome to the hulk hogg. You came to the right place. I am sure that someone here will be able to help you out.

+1
    Hi hogg, I'd also like to say WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums!!!
    make sure you have compression, without it you will not have pulse for the fuel pumps and they will not draw fuel from the tank to the carbs.
    Like stated above, be sure to check and replace all the fuel lines, especially those in the tank. The valves are troublesome. Check the diaghrams in the fuel pump and carbs.

let us know what you find.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    How long has it been sitting? The carbs might be full of crud. The lines on top of the tank maybe kinked. Could be a number of things.

been sitting for a while. it will start when i put fuel in the carbs i can blow the fuel lines and hear the air coming from the carbs but the fule does not draw from the tank to well. going to change the pump today to see if that helps, also the fuel lines. does any one have a copy of the manual for this ski? be a great help. so far the ski cost nothing as i swaped it for other toys so hay if i have to spend on it i will lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Hi hogg, I'd also like to say WELCOME to the Green Hulk forums!!!
    make sure you have compression, without it you will not have pulse for the fuel pumps and they will not draw fuel from the tank to the carbs.
    Like stated above, be sure to check and replace all the fuel lines, especially those in the tank. The valves are troublesome. Check the diaphragms in the fuel pump and carbs.

let us know what you find.
    It's been brought to my attention I error-ed in my statement.
    I didn't mean to say without compression you have no pulse.
    I meant if you had a gaping hole in the piston (no compression) you will not get a strong enough pulse for the pump.
    If I'm not mistaken and I will have to check my notes because now I'm not totally sure but the reason the engine stops when you actually put the hole in the piston top is not because of the loss of compression, heck you still have 2 good cylinders that would get you home.
    What happens IF I'm remembering correctly, is you lose the pulse signal to the pump and then the pump stops the fuel delivery process.
    Somebody pipe up if I still have this wrong, now I'm not sure.

Thread Information