Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

I can't bloody win

I bought a 2013 rxpx with 46 hours on it. I took it straight in for a service before riding to give it a once over. After 15 hours of riding after service I had a low oil preasure come up so I took it back to me seadoo mechanic and he checked the oil and found that it was super low. He did a preasure test and said the number 1cylinder was slightly low( slightly low after 61 hours of use) so I got another service done to the ski and wS told to keep an eye on it. I took it out yesterday for a ride which brought the hours up to 70 and I checked the oil and it was low again also my coolant had all disappeared out of my canister. I am so pissed of if the motor has shat itself and needs a rebuilt cause of the rings letting go and also maybe a head gasket let go too. The guy who owned it before me had the cooler replaced as it was faulty and throttle body but I don't know how well he looked after it after every ride in the ocean weather he flushed it or not. I can't see any coolant in the hull nor oil and there is no oil residue out the back near the exhaust. Anyone one have any ideas on what else could be the problem or do u think I'm up for a rebuild?

Cheers!!!!!

+1
    your head gasket is more than likely GONE STOP running it now..........get it rebuilt as in honed & rings & bearings if it were mine.......ck oil pumps too .....its that or dig a deeper pit..........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

u could GET LUCKY & replace head gasket only because that may have been weak cylinder on test from shop but IF it hurt bearings over this oil losing thing you will know it after! DOO it right now save later in time & $!

+1
    Does it run fine?? If it's only one cylinder that's low on comp it might be a head gasket...Can't see a set of ring's on one cylinder being worn after 70 hrs

+1
    The ski runs perfect super responsive and still hits top speed with out a miss. Yeah Reid u might be right. If it comes out I might have to do a rebuilt and maybe put better quality stuff in its place.
    I had a head gamer let go on my old 2008 rxpx at 260 hours but I only lost coolant.

+1
    Sounds like it was hurt from the leaking intercooler. If the TB had to be replaced due to the leaky IC it may have clocked up some hours with the ic spraying water into the motor.

See if you can Find out what the actual comp numbers were, or at least what the difference was between cylinders.

+1
    I will get some numbers over the next few days and post them up. I'm thinking he got the cooler and TB replaced then let it sit for some time before riding again. If the motor needs to be rebuilt I'd love to try and built it stronger myself. I've never built a motor before but I'm sure following the manual it couldn't be too much to handle ��

+1
    Outstanding ! That's the sprit .... you only learn by doing. It amazes me how much we are capable of when we put our mind to it. Good Luck

+1
    LOL Ozarkyamonster!!!! Mate it could be a costly one at that aswell if I don't get it right. But keen to give it a go!!!!!!!!

+1
    Sounds like head gasket. Maybe he had it modified and put it back to stock or does it already have mods done to it? Maybe that is why he sold it?

+1
    It had no mods on it when I bought it but doesn't mean he didn't have any on there and took them off. I have mods on it now. 4 inch air system. worx intake grate, flame arrestor removed, filled in ride plate holes, ecu remapped by Melbourne seadoo rev 8360, top speed 75.1 mph. Its a great ski and fun to ride but Im pretty sure the mods I have done to it shouldn't have caused this problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information