+1

Rxp slowly moving under acceleration

Approximately 15hrs ago I picked up a rock on my brand new prop as I was loading it back on the trailer. The next time I took it out it seem to cavitate when taking off from a dead stop or similar to like sitting on a rev limiter.
    I assumed it was either from picking up the rock or May of just been a coincidence and it may be due to have carbon seal done.
    Today I went out and it was still getting the cavitation when taking off but when I got back to the boat ramp and slowed down and went to accelerate again, it accelerated like it was supposed to but didn't really move very fast, it was like the prop was slipping, got it home and checked over it couldn't find anything visually looking at it, does anyone have any ideas on what to look for or what it could be?
    It's 2007 seadoo Rxp with 125hrs on it, could only see a couple of nicks in the blade.

+1
    It could be a few things. First your wear ring has too much clearance and your property looks trash. But also is your 4" air intake sitting on the bellows? It could be interesting with the carbon seal and sucking in air.

+1
    Mate , I had something similar after I picked up a stick ,,,, on low revs , on take off took ages to kick in , , I pulled the pump out and found there was a crack in the pump shoe , where it attaches to the hull ,, the stick cracked it ,, rocks can to , maybe pull pump out and check it all out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	356330  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m31164 View Post
    It could be a few things. First your wear ring has too much clearance and your property looks trash. But also is your 4" air intake sitting on the bellows? It could be interesting with the carbon seal and sucking in air.
    I just checked the intake, it just touches the rubber bellow with no pressure, no idea what it does while running.
    The stainless wearing and prop were replaced 15hrs ago, it still has a nice ting while idling but I have no idea what correct tolerances are.
    The prop still looks like new except for a couple of nics out of it, once again I don't know how bad they need to be before they start causing issues.
    Do you think that if the intake is touching the bellows it could cause it to suck air?

+1
    Make sure your venturi nozzle is not cracked either. That will cause the same symptoms.

+1
    [QUOTE=Jest_r;2538403]

I just checked the intake, it just touches the rubber bellow with no pressure, no idea what it does while running.
    QUOTE]

I can tell u what the rubbing intake does while riding even if touching the turnig portion of that seal slightly it rubs that turning drveshaft seal and will eventually I GAURANTEE wear a hole into that intake tubing so elevate it slightly if u can when tightening it...because if u don't then when u get the slightest hull water its goin in that intake tube where it will eventually wear a hole in it then its gonna wreck that wheel........it wont happen tomorrow but it will when u really don't want it to do it if u dont.........WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information