+1

flashing "SENSOR" five times...no code nor Candoo fault seen

I think I found my answer but wanting to check to see if others say this is normal. I've added a depth finder, with a slew of other winter project mods. Seems key on I get "SENSOR" flashing 5 times yet no code and Candoo reports no fault codes either. I then stumbled upon this post.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2471693

So out of water a "SENSOR" flash is normal when depth finder is installed? Seems odd no code would be returned so you could trace it. Not ready to water test so me being paranoid I wanted to iron this out before finding another issue that will put me down a spell so rather dig into it now.

My 04 GTX did exactly the same. On the water, perfect. I think I even read in the manual that it should do this. Miss my depth sensor.

+1
    Mine does the same crap ever since I added the depth sensor. Once in a while it won't do it..... It's almost like the sensor is slow to response.

+1
    Well this one I won't worry about then as it seems official. Thanks for the response.

And didn't I say I wanted to iron this out before stumbling on another issue?..well I fired it up today and with all the changes done everything seemed normal, or so I thought...then long beep. Candoo then reports P0344, cam signal sensor missing...SOB. Ohh and I never mentioned it's an 07 RXT. Can I hijack my own thread? I never touched that sensor but I pulled it just the same...looked normal. The only thing I did that could be somewhat related is the wiring of vts addition. While some chose to go different harness I made all my own and added that into the stock harness but wired to terminal "B" on ecu and the CAPS is to terminal "A" so perhaps something in the harness got messed up. Well first I decided to test 12v at pin3 of CAPS..nothing..wtf. Trace it to Deutch connector..normal...omg...suckers got a fuse. Fuse looks ok but one pin has a brown spot so I change it out...hey 12v now on pin3. Code gone...doesn't get any easier than that but would have been smart to check in backwards order from what I did...lol.

Anyways I'll prob post some pics soon as allot went into this project and some people to thank but looks to be almost ready for the water.

Normal when the depth finder icon is checked when adding a depth finder or not.

6. +1 by:

Thread Information