Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prospective SeaDoo purchase

Hey yall. So i currently am working on my 04 yama 1200 and a 95 raider 1100, but buddy just sent me a posting of a sale of two skis for $1k with the dual trailer. Here is what I know, seller said one is a 2000 seadoo RX DI. Says the motor was just rebuilt last year and now something with code issues. I am planning to go over there this week and check it out. Taking my compression tester and some other things to look it over.

My question is, as I am already working on two ski's, are these somewhat decent to work on if the motor seems to check out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltideski View Post
    Hey yall. So i currently am working on my 04 yama 1200 and a 95 raider 1100, but buddy just sent me a posting of a sale of two skis for $1k with the dual trailer. Here is what I know, seller said one is a 2000 seadoo RX DI. Says the motor was just rebuilt last year and now something with code issues. I am planning to go over there this week and check it out. Taking my compression tester and some other things to look it over.

My question is, as I am already working on two ski's, are these somewhat decent to work on if the motor seems to check out?
    Personally, I would steer clear of any DI.

Anymore info on why to "steer clear"? I have looked through the forum and its kind of all over the place. Some say just a PIA ski, but nothing on why and some say they absolutely love it. Did you own one personally or just from posting? thanks for anymore feedback.

+1
    I had one, fun ski...i never had a problem, but it only had 100 hrs when i sold it....techs do tend to hate those things though....supposedly high maintenance ski's.

+1
    Anymore info on why to "steer clear"? I have looked through the forum and its kind of all over the place. Some say just a PIA ski, but nothing on why and some say they absolutely love it. Did you own one personally or just from posting? thanks for anymore feedback.
    Yes, I owned a 2000 Millenium Edition w/ DI and it tossed a rectifier, had untraceable runaway and hair pulling fuel delivery issues. Just read around here on the DI in general. Most agree it is one of the more problem prone Seadoos.
    Last edited by Ski Hacks MG; 04-20-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks. I have been searching seadoo di and general DI issues. But again its a hit or miss. Some say, no problems at all and some I notice are running into issues with DESS, rectifier and rave cap. With that though, if its just replacing it, I can work with that. My wonder is more, if the motor and compression and carbs check out, would getting one of these up and running take an act of massive overhaul to get running?

+1
    Did you say your DI had carb issues??

Stay away from the DI. They are problem skis, and the parts that fail are expensive. Fuel pumps, air compressors, injectors...

Thanks. I have been searching seadoo di and general DI issues. But again its a hit or miss. Some say, no problems at all and some I notice are running into issues with DESS, rectifier and rave cap. With that though, if its just replacing it, I can work with that. My wonder is more, if the motor and compression and carbs check out, would getting one of these up and running take an act of massive overhaul to get running?
    its not the fixing, it's the diagnosing. Parts are also VERY expensive. A used fuel pump can go for a few hundred

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire4Money View Post
    its not the fixing, it's the diagnosing. Parts are also VERY expensive. A used fuel pump can go for a few hundred
    So buy it and part it.

Ok. Seems to be that it's more of all the other motor parts that are the pain. Just seems like roughly $500 for it isn't to bad. But if it is going to get me yet again massively involved in another ski project, might have to pull back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information